622 question?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I have read many threads and still I am not sure about the 622 fees. I have to pay $5 for locals to get the guide info, which is transferable to the digtital OTA channels. Correct? Am I required to hook the 622 to a phone line or I pay another $5 fee? But, if I get rid of my 211 and 811, I do not have to pay for the
2nd receiver fee, so I break even, if I am hooked to a phone line. Correct?

Also, what bugs are left on the 622, if I use component video out, since my HDTV does not have hdmi or dvi inout?

$5 for locals on top of your programming. You don't have to sub to them (get them OTA instead?), but if you don't then you won't have the local info in the EPG, nor will you receive the HD LiLs if/when they are available. If you have HD OTA channels you really should take advantage of them for several reasons - typically better PQ and you can also get the subchannels that E* won't give you.

Phone line connected or pay $5 extra "second tuner" fee is correct. If you're replacing 2 receivers with the 622 then you break even.

Don't forget the $6 leasing fee if you lease it (I believe that fee is still there - don't know first hand because I own mine.) and the $5.98 DVR fee, which is waived in the HD Platinum package.

Overall a good time to jump-in with all the programming incentives, for both new and existing customers.

Still plenty of 622 "bugs" to go around, video stuttering, "lost" timers, etc. They may never get it 100% correct. The "no HDMI" problem is rather prevalent (I had it with my first unit) and the only solution seems to be a swap-out. Component video connections are a good alternative for the HD video. Some posters say "no problems at all" - YMMV...

Last edited:
I own my 622 also...

But why a "$5.98 DVR Service Fee" if you don't have the HD Platinum Package?

Must be part of the "Dish Nickle and Dime You to Death" someone said on another post!

So with the new Dish HD promotions it's basically the same as the previous upgrade. Still have to pay the $49 up front but they say it's free because you get $10 off for 10 months? That's basically what it was before for me anyway. Also, with the 622 you pay $199 up front but get the $10 off for 10 months? So that's how you get the 622 for $99? Thanks for any help with me understanding.

bhelms said:
Don't forget the $6 leasing fee if you lease it (I believe that fee is still there - don't know first hand because I own mine.)

I'm a current customer, but interestingly enough, I see no mention of the lease fee for new customers on the DishBuilder section of Dish's website. I think the $6 fee is tied to the "Dishin' it up" lease program :mad:

TheTony said:
I'm a current customer, but interestingly enough, I see no mention of the lease fee for new customers on the DishBuilder section of Dish's website. I think the $6 fee is tied to the "Dishin' it up" lease program :mad:
Yeah - I'm not sure how that one works. When I tried to calculate a pay-back on the purchase I came to the conclusion that there really is none if that lease fee isn't there. The only real advantage for me was no 18-mo. commitment (which is moot since I would likely be with E*longer than that anyway, 8+ years already) and since I was already in the middle of a lease with my 811 I couldn't just jump into another one with a 622, at least not at that time. Oh-well, so I spent $499 to get the 622 about 1 month sooner and to be able to say "it's mine".

Can anyone else provide any other justification...? (Glad I don't have the WAF to deal with...!)

SmityWhity said:
...But why a "$5.98 DVR Service Fee" if you don't have the HD Platinum Package?

Must be part of the "Dish Nickle and Dime You to Death" someone said on another post!:
You got it! Yas gotta pay ta play...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts