622 question

thaar

Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Here's my setup:

VIP622
Older Sony 43" HDTV 4:3
Denon (does my video and audio switching using component video and fiber cables)

Problem: I cannot get the 4:3 to fill the entire screen. I have a black frame around the entire image, no matter what setting I set the 622 to.

I recall having this problem a couple years ago when I first had Dish, but I don't remember how I fixed it. I have tried adjusting the settings on my TV and 622, but I cannot seem to find the solution. There are no settings for video on the receiver.

Any ideas?

thaar said:
Here's my setup:

VIP622
Older Sony 43" HDTV 4:3
Denon (does my video and audio switching using component video and fiber cables)

Problem: I cannot get the 4:3 to fill the entire screen. I have a black frame around the entire image, no matter what setting I set the 622 to.

I recall having this problem a couple years ago when I first had Dish, but I don't remember how I fixed it. I have tried adjusting the settings on my TV and 622, but I cannot seem to find the solution. There are no settings for video on the receiver.

Any ideas?

I used to have a 4x3 HDTV and I had 622 set to 1080i and 4x3 #2 I can't recall which aspect ratio I set with the 622.

I wish manufacturers had never made 4x3 HDTV sets.

what output setting do you have your 622 set at? 1080i, 720p, 480p?

At what input resolution does your tv lock into widescreen mode?

Some tvs do not lock into 16:9 when fed a 480P signal, some do, you do not give the model # of your tv.

I am guessing but your seeing black bars on all sides because you are watching a SD show(with the bars on the side inserted by the TV station) broadcast on the digital channel, your TV detects it is receiving a HD signal, so it switches into 16x9 which means black bars top & bottom, resulting in a "window box" bars on all sides.

Try changing the output of the 622 to 480p & play around with the TV's zoom & stretch functions.

Also think about getting a 16:9 wide screen set.

I hope I was some help

Jordan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts