622 Reboot problem?

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
I'm a new Dish subscriber as of last Tuesday and my 622 has decided to reboot itself at least once a day.
The last time it did this was last night while it was recording the Sopranos. I wasn't home for this so I didn't witness it, but according to my DVR schedule, at about 9:56, the 622 stopped the HD recording of the Sopranos on TV1 because it rebooted itself and resumed recording at about 9:57 on TV2. This also happrnrf Friday night while recording Real Time with Bill Maher(also on HBO.)
There are also times when I'll return home and notice that the box is completely shut down even though I know it was on when I left the house.
What are your opinions on this? Is it a bad box and will it need to be returned? Software issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Any thoughts or opinions on this will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Separate your power the 622 is greedy.unplug your phone you could have a static charge problem.My first 622 did this and finally dishnetwork is sending me a new 622............BAD BOX

Videomax said:
I'm a new Dish subscriber as of last Tuesday and my 622 has decided to reboot itself at least once a day.
The last time it did this was last night while it was recording the Sopranos. I wasn't home for this so I didn't witness it, but according to my DVR schedule, at about 9:56, the 622 stopped the HD recording of the Sopranos on TV1 because it rebooted itself and resumed recording at about 9:57 on TV2. This also happrnrf Friday night while recording Real Time with Bill Maher(also on HBO.)
There are also times when I'll return home and notice that the box is completely shut down even though I know it was on when I left the house.
What are your opinions on this? Is it a bad box and will it need to be returned? Software issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Any thoughts or opinions on this will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I can't speak to the rebooting problem because I have not had that. But, you do know it will shut ifself off after so many hours of inactivity right?

I read that after 4 hours of inactivity, the DVR goes into a standby mode. What I took this to mean, and what I've had to do when this happened, was that I would see, on my screen, the floating Dish logo and that pressing "Select" would turn Dish back on.
In some cases though, the DVR is completely shut down-no lights at all on the front panel.

Videomax said:
I read that after 4 hours of inactivity, the DVR goes into a standby mode. What I took this to mean, and what I've had to do when this happened, was that I would see, on my screen, the floating Dish logo and that pressing "Select" would turn Dish back on.
In some cases though, the DVR is completely shut down-no lights at all on the front panel.

Yes, that's what I meant I guess. When mine goes into stand-by mode, there are no lights on at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts