622 REBOOTS when selecting DVR Menu

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
This is aggravating as hell.

Tonight I wanted to watch a recorded show on the DVR. I pressed DVR on TV1 remote, then 10 seconds later, the receiver freezes, then reboots. WTF??

I try it again, and again, but it freezes, then reboots each and every time.

Here is the weird thing, this ONLY happens on TV1. TV2 works normally.

I've tried soft reset and Power cord reset without resolution.

The hard drive is full, so tomorrow I have to see if I can get an EHD and try to save all my programs off before DISH RMA's the 622.

Has ANYONE heard of this kind of error before? Even the Advanced Tech had never heard of this kind of error.

The only sort of workaround to get to Dish on Demand menu is MENU 9 but then if I select 1 for My recordings, it will reboot after 10 seconds.

Gaaaaahhhhh! Thoughts?

This is aggravating as hell.

Tonight I wanted to watch a recorded show on the DVR. I pressed DVR on TV1 remote, then 10 seconds later, the receiver freezes, then reboots. WTF??

I try it again, and again, but it freezes, then reboots each and every time.

Here is the weird thing, this ONLY happens on TV1. TV2 works normally.

I've tried soft reset and Power cord reset without resolution.

The hard drive is full, so tomorrow I have to see if I can get an EHD and try to save all my programs off before DISH RMA's the 622.

Has ANYONE heard of this kind of error before? Even the Advanced Tech had never heard of this kind of error.

The only sort of workaround to get to Dish on Demand menu is MENU 9 but then if I select 1 for My recordings, it will reboot after 10 seconds.

Gaaaaahhhhh! Thoughts?

What happens if you put in single mode?

Have not tried [SINGLE MODE] yet. I will also attempt to save off what programming I have to an EHD that I bought last night. Now I have 2, 2TB Mybooks, one from my HOME-VIP722 and one for this DYING-VIP622. I was not sure if I plugged my HOME EHD into this 622 if it would reformat and lose all my saved programming or what would happen.

I am ignorant about the rules of SAVING/ADDING/RESTORING/VIEWING content between HOME 722 RCVR/HOME EHD1 and RV 622 RCVR/RV EHD2.

All I do know is that when I switch EHD's I will have to reboot the RCVR each time. Right?

Lord_Vader - I have done several check switch options since my original post and it will reboot each and every time I hit DVR from remote TV1.

Not a bad HD, I can access it with TV2. There is something inherent to TV1 accessing DVR content, similar to a corrupt directory, but only for TV1. TV2 has no problem viewing, archiving, or even scheduling recordings, whereas TV1 goes south and resets 10 seconds into pressing DVR, no matter what, unless I quickly scroll down to Dish Cinema. My replacement arrived today so I will finish archiving and then keep all my important recordings on one or both 2TB EHD's.

You do not have to reboot each time, and I'd view this as an excellent opportunity to move to a ViP722K.

Not a bad HD, I can access it with TV2. There is something inherent to TV1 accessing DVR content, similar to a corrupt directory, but only for TV1. TV2 has no problem viewing, archiving, or even scheduling recordings, whereas TV1 goes south and resets 10 seconds into pressing DVR, no matter what, unless I quickly scroll down to Dish Cinema. My replacement arrived today so I will finish archiving and then keep all my important recordings on one or both 2TB EHD's.

I think I did have a bad tuner once that caused the same thing. I went through a bad spell where I had about a half dozen replacements. Knock on wood, they have finally settled down and I've had these two for awhile now. I almost got to the point where I would have been willing to toss them out the window. :)

When I had rebooting problem every few minutes, I left vip 622 sit in a cold room over night and then propt the front up and had a big fan blowing a stream of cool air towards the bottom of receiver, then I had some success saving my stuff to ext hdd

JimK2 - At home I have a big fan blowing on my 722 and had it on this one before moving it into the camper and had no cooling issues with the broadcom chips that get so hot inside.

Zach - It has been REPLACED with another 622 and I was able to move all of my programs to an EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts