622 Recording advice

halsan40

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Palm Bay, Fl
I have a 622 rev c and it has been flawless. I am a bit confused on recording with it. If I want to watch TV1 and record another program I need to specify TV2 for the recording. If I do that I assume it will record in SD even if the program is HD.
Is there any way to record a program in HD when watching a different program on TV1?

halsan40 said:
I have a 622 rev c and it has been flawless. I am a bit confused on recording with it. If I want to watch TV1 and record another program I need to specify TV2 for the recording. If I do that I assume it will record in SD even if the program is HD.
Is there any way to record a program in HD when watching a different program on TV1?

Hola,

As long as the event you are recording is HD, it doesn't matter which tuner it is set to record on.

My 622 is set to single mode. My default tuner is 2 for recording. That way you can just switch channels and not interrupt the timer. All my HD recordings come out fine.

In all actuallity, all of the tuners are HD. (Tuner 1, TUner 2, and OTA). It is the outputs that are HD and SD.

Scott

teachsac said:
Hola,

As long as the event you are recording is HD, it doesn't matter which tuner it is set to record on.

My 622 is set to single mode. My default tuner is 2 for recording. That way you can just switch channels and not interrupt the timer. All my HD recordings come out fine.

In all actuallity, all of the tuners are HD. (Tuner 1, TUner 2, and OTA). It is the outputs that are HD and SD.

Scott
My 622 is set to duel mode (TV2 is in the Bedroom). But from your answer it wouldn't make any difference.

Thank you Scott for your quick response, All I can say is Satellite guys are Fantastic!

Last edited:
halsan40 said:
My 622 is set to duel mode (TV2 is in the Bedroom). But from your answer it wouldn't make any difference.

Thank you Scott for your quick response, All I can say is Satellite guys are Fantastic!

No PRob. TV2 would just have to watch whatever is recording :rolleyes: or watch something already recorded.

Scott

halsan40 said:
... If I want to watch TV1 and record another program I need to specify TV2 for the recording. If I do that I assume it will record in SD even if the program is HD.
You're confusing TV-1 and TV-2 with Tuner 1 and Tuner 2.

Both tuners are capable of recording HD or SD.

The TV-2 output is SD whether the source be Tuner 1 or Tuner 2, SD or HD.

SaltiDawg said:
You're confusing TV-1 and TV-2 with Tuner 1 and Tuner 2.

Both tuners are capable of recording HD or SD.

The TV-2 output is SD whether the source be Tuner 1 or Tuner 2, SD or HD.
Thanks Salti, I was thinking that tuner 2 was hard linked to TV2 thus being only capable of SD.
I now understand thanks to you and Scotts help.

But if Tuner2 is capable of HD, why can it only output SD to TV2?

TV2 is using SD outputs, which means you can watch HD programing on second tv. As to why tv2 is not set up as HD output, guess E* doesn't think that many customers will have two HD tvs. Plus running HDMI or Component cables too far would be somewhat expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)