622 recording problem

Annie2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
California
I am trying , with my new 622, to record one channel and watch another on TV1 and let my husband watch wataever he wants on TV2 (which would be a 3rd channel). can't seem to do that. I can do the TV1 part, but husband can't change his channel without cacelling my recording. Selling points about 622 says "watch and record on both TV's" If you have to watch what you are recording, there doesn't seem to be much point. Or am I doing it wrong?

you can watch previous recorded program record at the same time and watch something else on another tv. you cant watch 2 different shows and record 3rd show at the same time

If you have an antenna hooked up to the 622 for HD locals you can do the following on TV1:

Record 1 channel from the antenna (yellow channel on the EPG) and watch 1 satellite channel (blue on the EPG).

Record 1 satellite channel (blue on the EPG) while watching one channel from the antenna (Yellow channel)

Record 1 satellite channel (blue on the EPG) AND record 1 channel from the antenna (yellow channel) while watching a previously recorded program.

At the same time TV 2 can watch a previously recorded program while at the same time recording a satellite channel.

Add that up and the 622 has the capability to record 3 programs at once while playing back 2 recordings at the same time. I guess the trick is to manage the recordings in such a way that you have a back-log so you can watch a recording while new programs are being recorded.

So essentially, no matter which way you cut it, you can tune to 2 satellite channels at one time (record and/or watch). If you have the 622 in dual mode that only gives you one tuner for each TV. In single (shared) mode both TVs would see the same thing but the other timer could record something off the satellite at the same time

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)