Alexa Problem

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
As of last night around 6pm, connecting Alexa to Hopper 3 not working, can't find any devices (we have 5). Wireless Joey not even showing Alexa in Menu. Could this be a hold-over from Saturday's problems?

I've been having issues with "She who shall not be named" and have seen posts asking if "She's" Online in the Dev Forums a lot. And Connection Experience on my UniFi system was really poor for all my parts of "Her" last night.

I know at the "Big Fall" event, they discussed that "She's" getting an "intelligence" makeover. I've been wondering when it was going to happen and if it was going to be a dump or gradually sneak up on us?

All I can see is things going away. And not ones that need to. Had to, if not make changes to Routines, just touch something and then resave the Routine to get it to work again.

With "Her"/them you can never really be sure what's going on . . .

Not Sent from: "She who shall not be named".

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've also had issues with Alexa with other things, mainly routines. So it seems to be an Amazon issue and not dish.
I had to today do like sandfarmer and resave routines. I have routines that turn about 10 devices on or off and only one device was responding. After disabling and re-enabling and saving they started working again.

I've been having issues with "She who shall not be named" and have seen posts asking if "She's" Online in the Dev Forums a lot. And Connection Experience on my UniFi system was really poor for all my parts of "Her" last night.

I know at the "Big Fall" event, they discussed that "She's" getting an "intelligence" makeover. I've been wondering when it was going to happen and if it was going to be a dump or gradually sneak up on us?

All I can see is things going away. And not ones that need to. Had to, if not make changes to Routines, just touch something and then resave the Routine to get it to work again.

With "Her"/them you can never really be sure what's going on . . .

Not Sent from: "She who shall not be named".
From what I understand the pay version will actually work and be really useful while the free version will be the same one we all know and that ticks me off at least once a day.

Free version works fine for me using the original Amazon Echo devices. The only problem I have is the Lutron Caseta bridge which goes offline and requires a AC Power pull to fix which can be atleast few times daily or less frequent which might be a few weeks.

I've also had issues with Alexa with other things, mainly routines. So it seems to be an Amazon issue and not dish.
I had to today do like sandfarmer and resave routines. I have routines that turn about 10 devices on or off and only one device was responding. After disabling and re-enabling and saving they started working again.
Had to readd several devices that were just plain dropped.

The whole platform is just crapping out.

Sent from my S61Pro using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. Mine is questioning/probing to get smarter, in the way it succeeds or fails on some activities. Zero dropped devices. Did you change, or altered your SSID, or anything on your router?

As of last night around 6pm, connecting Alexa to Hopper 3 not working, can't find any devices (we have 5). Wireless Joey not even showing Alexa in Menu. Could this be a hold-over from Saturday's problems?

i been having a problem with the google asst with the dish remote changing channels.

. . . Did you change, or altered your SSID, or anything on your router?

Nope. I have a UDMPro with over 60 devices on it that are operating as they should. I can cast from my iPad to any of several Samsung TVs and Yamaha AVRs.

"She who shall not be named" also talks to me and I answer back. I had to change the voice to the Male Australian so I wouldn't feel bad cussing at a "Lady".

Sent from my S61Pro using Tapatalk