622 Recordings 3X HD

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Just a quick question. I know that you can record three programs at once and watch a 4th recorded program if one wishes to do so. However, if I want to record Smallville on HDNET, 24 on Fox, and Sunrise Earth all at the same time (I know the likelyhook of these 3 progrmas being on at the same time is low) and all 3 in HD is that possible.

Or is it that one can record HD from the OTA tuner and one of the Satellite inputs, but the other sat input only allows for recording SD. THis seems so weird to me and would not make much sense. I think I am confusing this with the fact that from TV1 you can watch and record HD from OTA and SAT input 1, and TV2 only "displays" in SD but can record in HD.

Am I getting this right??

You CAN record 3 HD programs at once. One from the OTA (antenna) tuner, and 2 from the Sat. Tuners. I've already done it on my 622 numerous times.

hpman247 said:
Just a quick question. I know that you can record three programs at once and watch a 4th recorded program if one wishes to do so. However, if I want to record Smallville on HDNET, 24 on Fox, and Sunrise Earth all at the same time (I know the likelyhook of these 3 progrmas being on at the same time is low) and all 3 in HD is that possible.

Or is it that one can record HD from the OTA tuner and one of the Satellite inputs, but the other sat input only allows for recording SD. THis seems so weird to me and would not make much sense. I think I am confusing this with the fact that from TV1 you can watch and record HD from OTA and SAT input 1, and TV2 only "displays" in SD but can record in HD.

Am I getting this right??

And another person confuses tuners with outputs. Not sure what you have currently but it is probably a single tuner unit. Think of it as two receivers in one box but with only one HD output, plus add an OTA recorder. The OTA is combined with tuner one, but all recording is available on both tuners so recording the OTA is can be watched on tv2. Many people cannot seem to grasp the concept till they see it.

You can record three HD programs at the same time, one OTA and two sat. While these are recording you could be playing back two previously recorded HD programs, one in HD on the TV1 output and one down converted to SD on the TV2 output. I have found that down converted HD on TV2 actually looks quite good when connected to a good analog TV with a composite video cable. The serial ATA hard drive in the 622 has no problem handling a total of five HD programs at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts