622, room 2 channel for TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BillH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
I have a friend that has a new 622. It worked fine for a month or so and then room 2 TV quit getting the satellite signal.

A installer came to check it and he said that Dish had changed the channel that TV 2 received the signal to channel 60. It works fine on channel 60.

Have ya'll heard anything about this?

my 622 is not connected to TV2 yet but will soon. However, on my 625 you can select almost any channel to from 21-74. I assume it is almost the same. Is it not?

The channels that a 622 owner wants to use to send both tuner 1 and tuner 2 signals via the "agile modulated" (coax) output to TV2 are user-selectable. Here is a link to the ToC of the on-line User's Guide. The information on setting-up the modulator to the desired channels is in Chapter 12. I don't recall what channels mine was set to when I received it - somehow I'm thinking it was 20 and 22. I'm not aware that this is something that E* would change via a software update, but maybe they did. You can easily verify what channels the modulator is set to via the set-up screens...

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/userguides_manuals/receivers/ViP622_DVR/index.shtml

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts