622 Screen alignment

Dune

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
Kailua Kona, HI
The 811 receiver had a way of making minor adjustments in picture alignment, but I don't see the same thing on the 622.

Am I just missing it or is it not available? I sure don't want to have to go into the TV service mode and do it if I don't have to.

Dune

I've looked.. Not there on the ViP622.

I need to bump mine UP just a little and LEFT. The bottom entry in my EPG is cut off. :(

According to the new HDNET test pattern, Top & left sit at 6, bottom sits at 8 and right side sits at 13.

Gregg ISF'd my RPTV last year and my 921 read about 6-7 all the way around.

This is definitely a 622 software issue.

I had the same problem with my 622 connected to a Dish HD34-310 TV. The HD34 has a horizontal position adjustment under the advanced picture adjustment. I have it as far right as it can go and now get all the left side information. I used the 622"s extended partial guide with video option(menu 8 2 ) to do the horizontal adjustment. The 622 does not have the software that my 921 had to do this in the receiver. Could not find any way to do the vertical adjustment. Maybe some future sw upgrade will add this feature to the receiver.

Mark_AR said:

I need to bump mine UP just a little and LEFT. The bottom entry in my EPG is cut off. :(

This is a problem with the EPG on all 'newer receivers'. 942, EVU-9200, 211, 411, 622

If you set epg to extended listings, you get this problem.

New HDNET test pattern?

Is there a new version of the test pattern? I had heard the old one was not accurate or off a bit, i really wish the receivers had a built in test pattern, would help for basic color, contrast, brightness and alignment issues!!

Mark_AR said:

According to the new HDNET test pattern, Top & left sit at 6, bottom sits at 8 and right side sits at 13.

Gregg ISF'd my RPTV last year and my 921 read about 6-7 all the way around.

This is definitely a 622 software issue.

No, it is the same testpattern, but it is new to my 622 as compared to the one I recorded last year on my 921 and output on the same TV1(DVI/Component).

The edge values are not the same.

Sorry to get you excited.. LOL

Have you read this article, I had initially adjusted my TV so it would show all 4 circles properly. But after reading this article it looks like the pattern's off (I guess the numbers) so if you try to calculate the % your number is off. I guess the pattern still works for centering though?

hi
the HDNET pattern is not accurate.
In addition, I have noticed that if I set a display to be centered to a reference source, then the menus on the DVR may not be centered. It would be nice if Dish would be able to add receiver based image centering control (or at least a menu centering control).

Regards

Gregg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)