622 Sd Ota?

monroef

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Will the 622 eventually offer SD OTA like the 942 does now? The 942 didn't initially offer that feature either.

I have a 622 and it will show OTA on either the SD output by downconverting or on the HD output TV1 is considered HD or TV1 and SD is TV2, OTA come thru on either output.

Let me explain, the OTA tunner on the 942 allows you to scan non HDTV channels. My 622 does not.

monroef said:
Will the 622 eventually offer SD OTA like the 942 does now? The 942 didn't initially offer that feature either.
If I am not mistaken, the manual for the 942 reflects the fact that it has an NTSC Tuner. The manual for the 622 does not say that the 622 does.

The 622 does not have an NTSC tuner and if we believe the Congress there will be no NTSC channels to bereceived just a couple/few years.

The ViP622 does not receive analog (NTSC) stations and never will. No point in it. Besides the extra cost of the NTSC tuner and software, it isn't needed. Yes, on 2/17/09 NTSC transmissions will cease. But TODAY the vast majority of people can receive ATSC (digital) signals and these produce higher PQ than analog. So except for a very small percentage of the population that only gets analog signals, an analog tuner would be redundant and offer lower PQ to boot- and no HD.

Got ya. My only reason for wanting it is to transfer my recordings from my 942. realize the quality would have been poor, but oh well.

monroef said:
Got ya. My only reason for wanting it is to transfer my recordings from my 942. realize the quality would have been poor, but oh well.

Even if 622 had an analog tuner, you wouldn't be able to record them that way to begin with, if I am understanding what you implied. You might want to look into a DVD recorder.

So Does this mean that If I combine my kids 522 TV2 Output (Ch 37) into the antenna port on the 622 I won't be able to watch videos off of the 522 by selecting channel 37 on the 622?

Sorry for resurecting such an old thread but this was the only thread That I could find that was similar to my question.

Thanks,
cegarrett

So Does this mean that If I combine my kids 522 TV2 Output (Ch 37) into the antenna port on the 622 I won't be able to watch videos off of the 522 by selecting channel 37 on the 622?

Sorry for resurecting such an old thread but this was the only thread That I could find that was similar to my question.

Thanks,
cegarrett

No, I believe that channel 37 out of the 522 is in NTSC (analog) and the ViP622 only recognizes digital, ATSC channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts