622 shelf clearance needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
How much shelf clearance is need to left, ritht, back and top of 622?

I have a shelf space that has lots of space on left, right and back, but the top would only have about 1/2". I noticed that there are not any air holes on the top, so would be ok for a close fit on top?

As long as you've got LOTS of airflow.

I recommend at least 6 inches on top, a fan of some sort, and remove the unit's top cover completely to allow heat to escape. This is of course assuming no children or pets that might go exploring the innards.

Hmm, so is it bad that I have my DVD player sitting on top of my 622? I did the same thing with my 942 and have never had any problems.

If you get the "E" series 622 I think you'll be fine... I've had no problems in a month of use with a small STB on top of it and about 6 inches of room behind it.

The "E" series is the newest version of the box... as they continue to produce the 622's they work out a few of the issues, and then give the series number a new "letter" so that they know what revision you have.

Actually, I believe there are now "F" version units shipping, reported by others. I had a "D" that was replaced by an "E" which I believe runs a bit cooler (no data). That said, you should provide as much space as possible below the 622 by putting it on spacers due to its bottom vents, and as much as possible to the rear and sides. There are no vents on the top as mentioned, but unless you have some forced air cooling the top does get warm, especially over the power supply (left/rear). I think it would be best to NOT put anything on top of it either...

Are you referring the last letter in the number that is labled on the box:
MDL ViP622 DVR RCVR

My number has an E at the end of it.

How has the heat caused you a problem? Mine does not seem to feel hot. My temps are
HDD H 131
HDD L 89
HDD A 113

Is mine normal or considered hot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts