622 Signal loss on tuner 1 only

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcvaughan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Pacifica CA
I've recently been getting a lot of "acquiring signal" screens on my 622. when I go to check the point dish screen I'll get a strong signal on tuner 2 but when I switch to tuner 1 the signal stays strong but it gives me the "wrong satellite" message. I haven't touched anything. Is this a receiver problem, switch problem, cable problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you're using the User's Guide troubleshooting tables (?) Make sure your connection to Tuner 1 is tight; you might want to undo that one and reseat it. (Same if it's through the separator - check them all.) You might want to do a checkswitch test (pg 114 in the Guide). Seems a lot of 622 tuner problems can be solved that way. Try the reboots next - soft (front panel power button) then if necessary, hard (pull the power cord for at least 30-sec.) These are easy enough and the E* techs will probably have you do them when you call in for help. Failing that, try swapping the inputs to Tuners 1 and 2. If the problem moves to Tuner 2, then it's either that cable/connection, the separator (if you have one), or your switch/LNBs. If the problem stays with Tuner 1 then it's likely something in the receiver itself - time to call tech support. Good luck and BRgds...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)