622 Signal loss on tuner 1 only

jcvaughan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Pacifica CA
I've recently been getting a lot of "acquiring signal" screens on my 622. when I go to check the point dish screen I'll get a strong signal on tuner 2 but when I switch to tuner 1 the signal stays strong but it gives me the "wrong satellite" message. I haven't touched anything. Is this a receiver problem, switch problem, cable problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you're using the User's Guide troubleshooting tables (?) Make sure your connection to Tuner 1 is tight; you might want to undo that one and reseat it. (Same if it's through the separator - check them all.) You might want to do a checkswitch test (pg 114 in the Guide). Seems a lot of 622 tuner problems can be solved that way. Try the reboots next - soft (front panel power button) then if necessary, hard (pull the power cord for at least 30-sec.) These are easy enough and the E* techs will probably have you do them when you call in for help. Failing that, try swapping the inputs to Tuners 1 and 2. If the problem moves to Tuner 2, then it's either that cable/connection, the separator (if you have one), or your switch/LNBs. If the problem stays with Tuner 1 then it's likely something in the receiver itself - time to call tech support. Good luck and BRgds...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts