622 Strange DVR scheduling problem.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jlong27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Katy, TX
A couple weeks ago +/- a few days my DVR schedule only showed 1 show was set to record for however far out the schedule goes. So I reset it by holding the power button and that did not fix it. Then I pulled the power and that did not fix it. I think I did a check switch and it downloaded the program guide and that appeared to fix it.

Well last week I noticed that gold rush wasn't set to record so I recreated the timer. It recorded like it was supposed to. Then last night the Cleveland show wasn't recording but it was a new episode. I created the timer and then looked at the list of timers and gold rush is in the list twice and so is the Cleveland show. When I select the first one, the one with a higher priority, it doesn't list any timers. When I select the newly created one, the one with lower priority, it shows timers.

What the heck is going on? I just have to wonder how many other shows I am missing. Is my DVR starting to fail?

Thanks,
John

A couple weeks ago +/- a few days my DVR schedule only showed 1 show was set to record for however far out the schedule goes. So I reset it by holding the power button and that did not fix it. Then I pulled the power and that did not fix it. I think I did a check switch and it downloaded the program guide and that appeared to fix it.

Well last week I noticed that gold rush wasn't set to record so I recreated the timer. It recorded like it was supposed to. Then last night the Cleveland show wasn't recording but it was a new episode. I created the timer and then looked at the list of timers and gold rush is in the list twice and so is the Cleveland show. When I select the first one, the one with a higher priority, it doesn't list any timers. When I select the newly created one, the one with lower priority, it shows timers.

What the heck is going on? I just have to wonder how many other shows I am missing. Is my DVR starting to fail?

Thanks,
John

Your not alone my 722,s have been missing new episodes lately too.
not every week but chasing classic cars and the black gold this week.
And no dish defenders its not the guide when you read the guide info it says new and the episode info is all ok .the last sofware update may be to blame.

The Guide saying it's "New" is not what triggers the receiver. There is a code associated with the program that does. Last year new programs on A&E sometimes did not record when they said new, it was a coding problem and it's why sometimes they record as new when they are not. So it does not always have to be a Dish receiver problem.
That said, if the guide is not downloading properly that will certainly throw off the timers, and even cause reboots. There has been several posts concerning incomplete guide downloads recently. There is also the chance of a failing hard drive that contributes to the guide/timer issues.

Chasing Classic Cars has not been new yet this week, don't know about Black Gold.

The Guide saying it's "New" is not what triggers the receiver. There is a code associated with the program that does. Last year new programs on A&E sometimes did not record when they said new, it was a coding problem and it's why sometimes they record as new when they are not. So it does not always have to be a Dish receiver problem.
That said, if the guide is not downloading properly that will certainly throw off the timers, and even cause reboots. There has been several posts concerning incomplete guide downloads recently. There is also the chance of a failing hard drive that contributes to the guide/timer issues.

Chasing Classic Cars has not been new yet this week, don't know about Black Gold.

I know and that's the point
when i looked at the scheduler sat there was no Chasing Classic Cars for today I knew there should be so I went to timers the timer for the program there no episodes at all back to the guide and its there no record icon so i had to put in a new timer. it has not appeared in the old timer yet
same thing on the other show on the other 772 .
so maybe it is the coding problem guide so what its still not right and needs fixed

From your explanation, it sounds more like a timer problem in this case because my 612 does show it set to record. If you went to the schedule screen, and there was no indication that Chasing Classic Cars was on today (Either set to record, or reason why not - not new, etc..) and you did have a timer set for it, then the timer is not being seen by the receiver.

In that case I suggest two things. delete all timers. Do a memory dump. It will not erase or change anything, (Never has for me) but it will clear the memory if it has been corrupted. (If it can)
(If the same as my 612's - menu, system setup, diagnostics, info, arrow right, arrow left. Dump screen appears, hit info again, and if corrupted will say so.) All that needs to be done is unplug the receiver, wait a minute or two and plug it back in as in doing a hard reset. This is not the same as a factory reset.

Don't panic if it takes a long time to reset, and don't panic if you don't see your channels or all your channels in the guide. Just needs a second Check Switch done.

From your explanation, it sounds more like a timer problem in this case because my 612 does show it set to record. If you went to the schedule screen, and there was no indication that Chasing Classic Cars was on today (Either set to record, or reason why not - not new, etc..) and you did have a timer set for it, then the timer is not being seen by the receiver.

In that case I suggest two things. delete all timers. Do a memory dump. It will not erase or change anything, (Never has for me) but it will clear the memory if it has been corrupted. (If it can)
(If the same as my 612's - menu, system setup, diagnostics, info, arrow right, arrow left. Dump screen appears, hit info again, and if corrupted will say so.) All that needs to be done is unplug the receiver, wait a minute or two and plug it back in as in doing a hard reset. This is not the same as a factory reset.

Don't panic if it takes a long time to reset, and don't panic if you don't see your channels or all your channels in the guide. Just needs a second Check Switch done.
Thanks for your reply yes I think you now understand the problem and it sounds to me like the op has the same thing I will watch for the next time it happens and try the dump, what i do not understand is why my two receiver would have corrupt memory unless it was cased by the latest software update

I can add a little more weirdness to the situation. I record Mantracker on science channel and it recorded Pumpkin Chunkin instead.

I'll check the memory but I don't want to delete my timers and recreate because there are years worth of timers with seasonal shows that I know I will forget about until 3 or 4 episodes into the new season. I'll also pull the power cord just for good measure.

I missed black gold as well... Even though there is a timer setup.

I can add a little more weirdness to the situation. I record Mantracker on science channel and it recorded Pumpkin Chunkin instead.

I'll check the memory but I don't want to delete my timers and recreate because there are years worth of timers with seasonal shows that I know I will forget about until 3 or 4 episodes into the new season. I'll also pull the power cord just for good measure.

I missed black gold as well... Even though there is a timer setup.

That one maybe due to the guide not match what the Science channel was showing. If it continues please let me know, it could be starting to fail.

Actually Black Gold did record last night, I thought i may have missed it. Thought I don't know why I watch it any more, LOL. I wish it was more about the drilling process, than stupid fake BS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts