622 to Hopper Upgrade - what to prepare?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

viggen61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
In a bit over a week, I'm having a Hopper installed to replace my venerable - and reliable (if scorchingly hot in the summer) Vip 622. I've had the same 622 for nearly 6 years now.

I've a couple questions about moving between the receivers. The first issue is saved programs. I presume, from what I've seen here, that the proper (only?) transfer method is via an EHD. I do have that feature activated on the 622, and I have one drive connected, but it is full. Can I buy or use a second EHD on my 622 (not connected at the same time as the other one) to move off the programs that are currently on the 622? I think I saw here that the Hopper can handle multiple EHDs connected at the same time via USB. Is this correct? I know I should buy a larger drive and move everything to that, but I'm trying to put that off for a while...

The second is about timers. Is there a way to transfer the timers from the 622 to the Hopper? It wouldn't be horrible if this can't be done, but with several shows I like on Hiatus, it's tough setting them up when the program is not on the air.

Thanks for all the help here. And a special thanks to MattG of DIRT for setting me up with the Hopper upgrade.

Oh - one more thing: If my old EHD has non-MPEG4 programs on it, will the Hopper have any trouble with them? Just curious...

Last edited:
Yep you can use a second EHD to get your recordings off of the 622. Yep Hopper can have multiple EHDs connected at the same time. Nope no way to transfer the timers, unfortunately. Nope Hopper has no issues with MPEG2. Otherwise people on Western Arc would be in trouble :) .

3HaloODST said:
Yep you can use a second EHD to get your recordings off of the 622. Yep Hopper can have multiple EHDs connected at the same time. Nope no way to transfer the timers, unfortunately. Nope Hopper has no issues with MPEG2. Otherwise people on Western Arc would be in trouble :) .

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to Monday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)