622 tuner 2 issues

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Anyone ever have this problem? Dish just sent me a replacement 622. Mine had a bad hdmi port. Tuner 2 doesn't seem to work on the replacement. Check switch runs fine. I see my switch, and separator. All 3 sats on both tuners are green. 622 is in single mode. Everything records to tuner 1. When I use the swap button. black screen and no sound. Swap back to tuner 1, all is well. Another weird thing. If I hit the mode button for dual, my resolution switches to 480i. ( I have it set to 720p using component cables ) Switching back to single mode , receiver stays in 480i. Only way to get it back to HD, is to reset it. Dish is sending me another 622 replacement, so I'm too concerned. Just pisses me off that Dishs wastes my time sending me a bad 622 to begin with.

In single user mode, try pressing menu, then system setup and shared view. It should be set to enabled.
Software is up to date. Tried everything I could I could think of. Different cables and separator. Tried hooking it up to another TV. Same issues. I even hooked up a set of RCA cables from TV2 out. That works. I just can't swap to or use tuner 2 in single mode. Oh well. I should have another replacement in a couple of days. Has to be software or internal hardware issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)