622 TV1 composite output image misaligned

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
I have recently started using the RF modulator on my 622 to watch the output from both TV1 and TV2 through a tuner card in my PC. When watching TV1 on both RF and composite outputs, I have noticed that the image is not quite centered, with a fairly obvious black bar on the left side of the picture. The image is centered correctly on the TV2 output. Is there some way to adjust the image centering on the composite/RF outputs? The HD outputs look just fine on both component and HDMI.

Misaligned SD image

The page up button did nothing that I could see.

Here is an example of the problem:

Attachments

• capture_20110228_192132.jpg
    capture_20110228_192132.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 148
  • capture_20110228_192215.jpg
    capture_20110228_192215.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 145
The page up button did nothing that I could see.

Here is an example of the problem:

That looks like what is know in broadcasting as a timing (sync) error. I doubt that it can be adjusted to fix it. In TV stations a unit called a time base corrector is used to fix these errors. I tend to doubt you want to buy one to fix the problem.

On old analog TV sets there is a potentiometer that can be adjusted to move the position of the image on the screen, in effect adjusting the timing. More recent analog sets had a service menu that could be used to make the adjustment. I was in hopes that there was some sort of secret service menu that could be accessed and move that image just to the left a bit. As I mentioned, the analog video on TV2 is perfectly aligned. Its only TV2 that is a bit off. It isn't too bad, just an annoyance.

Eh, I may just break down and get a 722 and a Sling adapter so I can get HD on my computer. I just got a beautiful new monitor and have found myself watching more TV while sitting in front of the computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)