Remote Replacement

M

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 24, 2005
Md
i got 2 from them when i was a customer. first was free, second i had to pay for

B

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
I have had 2 replaced over time, no issues. (One had become dog food!) I have DHPP so the replacements were "free", i.e., no additional cost. Received each by 2-day service with no requirement to return the old one. Not sure what the price is without the plan. You might do better calling TS vs. CS in case any questions arise.

(Haven't 'seen' you around much - how've ya been?)

M

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 24, 2005
Md
ya know funny thing is when my dog ate mine, it was free
but when the wife spilled coffee on it, i had to pay.

and i too had the protection plan

rocket69

rocket69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 2, 2008
On Your Roof!
free for dha but only if defective.

You : up button not working.
CSR: Can you press sat buttion.
You: Ok still not working
CSR: Now stand on your head Bark 3 X and Say i love dish
You: Ok Still not working
CSR: We will be sending you a replacement Free XD

M

mdavej

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 19, 2010
Southeast
If you strike out getting a free one, they are cheap and plentiful on ebay. Cheap universals work well too, assuming you don't need RF.

MattG@DISH

MattG@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2010
Denver, Colorado
If the remote is going bad (not responding well, certain buttons don't work, etc.), we can absolutely replace it. With the service plan the replacement remote is free. Without the service plan, it depends on the equipment. Also we don't cover customer damage to the remote (which would be the dog eating it, or wife spilling coffee on it, which have both happened to me LOL) Feel free to PM me and I can get you the details for your specific account.

3HaloODST

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
My mother had remotes that kept eating the batteries up (3.0 remotes and 4.0 remotes) and she got at least 5 or 6 replacement 4.0 remotes for free. She finally got one that doesn't eat batteries. She doesn't even have the protection plan.

GaryPen

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
Also we don't cover customer damage to the remote (which would be the dog eating it, or wife spilling coffee on it, which have both happened to me LOL)
What if my dog spills coffee on it or my wife eats it?

(Although, if my wife ate it, I think my problems would be far greater than my satellite remote.)

MattG@DISH

MattG@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2010
Denver, Colorado
What if my dog spills coffee on it or my wife eats it?
(Although, if my wife ate it, I think my problems would be far greater than my satellite remote.)

Would be considered customer damage, (although I must agree you'd have bigger problems :p ).

Pepper

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Question: What is the current replacement model? 6.4, 21.0 or something else entirely?

I currently have a 5.3 and several 6.2 and 6.3, for a ViP622, if that makes any difference.