Remote Replacement

I have had 2 replaced over time, no issues. (One had become dog food!) I have DHPP so the replacements were "free", i.e., no additional cost. Received each by 2-day service with no requirement to return the old one. Not sure what the price is without the plan. You might do better calling TS vs. CS in case any questions arise.

(Haven't 'seen' you around much - how've ya been?)

ya know funny thing is when my dog ate mine, it was free
but when the wife spilled coffee on it, i had to pay.

and i too had the protection plan

free for dha but only if defective.

You : up button not working.
CSR: Can you press sat buttion.
You: Ok still not working
CSR: Now stand on your head Bark 3 X and Say i love dish
You: Ok Still not working
CSR: We will be sending you a replacement Free XD

If you strike out getting a free one, they are cheap and plentiful on ebay. Cheap universals work well too, assuming you don't need RF.

If the remote is going bad (not responding well, certain buttons don't work, etc.), we can absolutely replace it. With the service plan the replacement remote is free. Without the service plan, it depends on the equipment. Also we don't cover customer damage to the remote (which would be the dog eating it, or wife spilling coffee on it, which have both happened to me LOL) Feel free to PM me and I can get you the details for your specific account.

My mother had remotes that kept eating the batteries up (3.0 remotes and 4.0 remotes) and she got at least 5 or 6 replacement 4.0 remotes for free. She finally got one that doesn't eat batteries. She doesn't even have the protection plan.

Also we don't cover customer damage to the remote (which would be the dog eating it, or wife spilling coffee on it, which have both happened to me LOL)
What if my dog spills coffee on it or my wife eats it?

(Although, if my wife ate it, I think my problems would be far greater than my satellite remote.)

Question: What is the current replacement model? 6.4, 21.0 or something else entirely?

I currently have a 5.3 and several 6.2 and 6.3, for a ViP622, if that makes any difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)