622 TV2 Out Question

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Okay so I finally caved and called Claude at the Dish Store and ordered a 622. Within 30 hours of my on-line order the receiver was at my door. After I let it aclimate to room temperature, I hooked it up and had it ready to go in no time. Total time of activation with dish on the phone was less than 10 minutes. It looks fabulous even through the S-Video cable (I will hook up component video as soon as I buy 15 foot long component cables--I refuse to pay $50 or more for HDMI.)

So... I have the unit hooked up to TV 1 and a secondary TV system (comuter tuner) in a remote room.

Here is the question. When I select an HD TV channel on TV2 I get the HD picture cut off at the sides to make a 4x3 picture. I realize that TV2 is not now nor will it ever be HD, but is there a setting for anamorphic or at least letterbox somewhere I couldn't find? Or is dish really this STUPID to provide a 16x9 picture on a 4x3 screen by hacking off 1/3 of the picture? Say it aint so... :D

See ya
Tony

Here is the question. When I select an HD TV channel on TV2 I get the HD picture cut off at the sides to make a 4x3 picture. I realize that TV2 is not now nor will it ever be HD, but is there a setting for anamorphic or at least letterbox somewhere I couldn't find? Or is dish really this STUPID to provide a 16x9 picture on a 4x3 screen by hacking off 1/3 of the picture? Say it aint so... :D

TV2 will only do letterbox or crop, if you want anamorphic on your SD set you can only get it from TV1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)