622 TV2 output using existing coaxial cable

theonly

Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Cincinnati, OH, USA
I'm rather overwhelmed by the information in these forums, but it looks like there are a number of experienced, helpful people here. Hopefully one or more of you can help.
My goal seems simple, but I'm becoming entirely too confused about how to make it happen. (Note: my installer is returning to complete the job on Saturday, if that gives you any idea what my experience has been like so far.)

I have 3 TVs in the house, of which 2 are HDTVs with an HD receiver for each; one is connected to a new 211, the other is connected to a new 622. I want to use the 622's home distribution feature to view programming on TV2, an SD set. I do not want to run new coaxial cables in the home unless it cannot be avoided.

I've diagrammed my home wiring in the attachment. The home is relatively new construction, prewired for cable, etc. The cable to each room runs to a central junction box with a 4-way splitter, not currently in use but similar to the one depicted here:
http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwork/DISH_Pro-DISH_Pro_Plus_Diagrams/DistributionExample7.pdf

HDTV2 in my diagram seems to work perfectly well. One of the two lines from the Dish 1000 is connected directly to the line (line 4 in the diagram) to the 211 receiver on the third floor.* The second line from the Dish 1000 is currently connected directly to the line (2) to the 622 and HDTV1, where it is connected with the supplied splitter (diplexer/switch/not completely sure?) to the two tuner inputs; the home distribution coaxial line out is not connected. The line (1) to TV2 is currently not connected to the satellite cabling. (Line 3, not diagrammed, is directly connected to the cable modem feed, and runs to an unrelated room in the house.)

Should I:
1) Split/combine lines 1&2 at the cable junction box and split line 2 into two lines before the 622's TV2 coaxial output and tuner inputs (presumably split again for the two inputs) to backfeed TV2?
2) Split/combine lines 1&2 at the cable junction box and split line 2 into three lines at the 622's TV2 coaxial output and tuner inputs to backfeed TV2?
3) Ask the installer when he returns to add some kind of multiswitch to handle all these lines, assuming that can be accomplishing without new cable runs?

I'm mostly concerned about signal strength, which isn't a problem for the 211, and any potential interference with all these potential multiple splits or switches and overlapping signals. Please do say so if I'm making this much more complicated than it needs to be.

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 241
Just use a pair of diplexers to back feed the 622's output back to the feed for TV2 on the cable that feeds the 622's splitter.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts