622 TV2 problems Please Help

uhai1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
I have a 622 and for a couple of months have had recordings interupted sometimes getting the 005 error about "the smart card not having authoaization"and other times a message saying something like"Sorry for the interuption there is a problem with the station do not call Dish.".My wife records Fox& Friends On the Fox news Ch. every morning from 5:00 am to 8:00 am. and some mornings when she gets up around 7:00 she turns the tv on ( tv 2) there is the message. She press the up or down button and is asked if you want to stop the recording. She presses no and the the show pops up but parts of it do not get recorded. This does not happen every day but does several times a week. I have called Tech support about this but they were of little help. This seems to happen only in the mornings and only on TV 2.

I've used this forum many times and have always found a solution to whatever proplem I have had But not this one . Please Help.

Hey there could be a few factors in play here 1. i would check your signal if its low it can cause the "sorry for the interruption" screen go to menu then 611 and check 119 on Tran 11 the 110 on 16 and i think you have 129 try 8. if thats good for the 005 check the left door on the front if there is a smart card make sure its all the way in. 3. check from the cable coming in the house all the way into the 622 there are two inputs and if one if the wires is loose it can cause just TV 2 to mess up. The "sorry for the interruption" screen happens when is loses signal then gets it back if you change the channel and turn it back it comes back not sure why it does that screen but it does. if after that it doesn't fix it the box may slowly be going bad but since it happens how it does i believe it is one of those reasons. Check it out and let me know how it goes i am a Digital dish (dish network) Tech from Cincinnati.

Thank you so much for the reply. I will check on these and get back to you

I get a signal of 77 on 119 and 110 but on 129 trans 8 I get a 4. Not sure whats on 8 but on other trans I get between 55 and 60.
Smart card is firmly in behind door. But I did find some loose connections outside. Afte I came in from tighting the outside connections my wife was watching tv at that time and said that the smart card message poped up for a min. so I hope that was the problem. Stupid me should have checked that first.

Thanks again for the response. We'll try it for a few days and see.

I get a signal of 77 on 119 and 110 but on 129 trans 8 I get a 4. Not sure whats on 8 but on other trans I get between 55 and 60.
Smart card is firmly in behind door. But I did find some loose connections outside. Afte I came in from tighting the outside connections my wife was watching tv at that time and said that the smart card message poped up for a min. so I hope that was the problem. Stupid me should have checked that first.

What Version Software is on your 622?
L617??? Or 618?

Also if you didn't do it check everything on the back of the box to make sure they are tight.

129 TP 8 is for spot beams as are all of the low 16 with the high 16 being CONUS.
This reverses the older Echo 5(?) just for the confusion.
With a spot beam reception is localize to a few areas.
For signal comparisons use a non-spotbeam.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts