622 updates turn on TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

milkoski

Original poster
May 14, 2007
Just upgraded to the 622 receiver.....when the upgrade time arrives, the system is somehow also turning on my TV.....anybody have an idea why this is happening?

Just upgraded to the 622 receiver.....when the upgrade time arrives, the system is somehow also turning on my TV.....anybody have an idea why this is happening?

Don't see how. The 622 doesn't have an IR transmitter so there's no way for it to even send a signal to the TV.

I dont see it as possible either. Ive seen tvs turn on "by themselves" due to low batteries in a remote or another influence, but theres just no way a 622 software update would turn the tv on.

This has been discussed before. One common case is that some TV's have a setting to automatically turn on when a signal is detected. Other cases were discussed. Do some searching.

I you are talking about when you press the SAT button on the 622 remote. Then it can transmit the TV power on command.

I have one of those Dishnetwork branded RCA TVs. Pressing the SAT turns on the receiver, the TV and switches the TV to the DVI or Component input.

If its not that, I don't know.

I vote for "auto turn-on when signal is rec'd" too. Read your TV's manual to see if it has such a feature and how to turn it off. If it does, it should also turn on anytime a program is set to record. Set a timer for the next half-hour after you read this, for any show, then turn the TV off and wait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)