622 USB and ethernet plugs

Mikey-D

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 26, 2004
New Mexico, USA
Howdy

I don't know if anyone has posted information about this yet but I did play around with my 622 and a USB flash drive. The 622 has some multimedia option panels that let me look at pictures on the USB drive, or copy them to the 622. They had an option to copy content to the USB but it said it wasn't enabled yet. Kinda cool but it could definitely use some work. You can't slideshow pictures until they are on the 622 hard drive.

I called a tech and asked what was up with not being able to copy media yet and he said something about rolling out the software and that it was already on the 211s or the 411s.

As far as the ethernet plug he said some of the ideas they were thinking about were to allow it to be used instead of the phone line. Another idea was to stream recorded info to a PC and let you watch it there. He said these were ideas but that nothing concrete had been decided yet.

My *wish* is to be able to go the other way...have my 622 read files off of my computer and play them, MP3s, videos, etc. Doesn't sound like that will happen.

Hope that helps some people.

Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)