622 USB and Multimedia Devices

kovach

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
St. Louis
Has anyone tried playing a portable music device, like and iPod, through the VIP622? Do the USB ports and Multimedia menu created for PocketDISH allow for this?

Has anyone tried playing a portable music device, like and iPod, through the VIP622? Do the USB ports and Multimedia menu created for PocketDISH allow for this?

Nope - afraid that it'd automatically sync my iPod & replace my 13000+ songs with the crappy Dish VOD stuff! :p

I have not yet RTFM and didn't see this in any other threads...

What exactly is the picture slide show functionality? Can I just take a flash stick and plug it in there? Can I copy pics to the 622 or does it view them off the card?

I have more questions on this port, but I'm guessing somebody is going to slap me silly and point me to a 10 page thread on this topic. :)

...thus far, enjoying my new 622, but do wish I had an OTA antenna installed for the HQ locals everyone is talking about on other threads. Oh well.

Plug your digital camera into the USB and the 622 reads it and copies and stores the pictures from it for you to view from the receiver. It doesnt copy the movie files though. Only JPG's.

it's worthless... the 622 is only decent at recording shows... i've had it almost a year now and really the only thing they've done to it is fix the software to make it more reliable... I use my HTPC for everything else.

I'll have to try that out. Currently, if I do a slideshow from the camera output, its poor resolution. Be interesting to see if this HD receiver will output a high resolution slideshow...that would be worth something as my TV does not allow inputs from a PC (no monitor input).

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts