622 Video Freeze

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tempVAdish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Temperanceville, VA
Greetings all,

In the past 2 weeks or so, my 622 has had the video freeze on occasion. It doesn't lock up all the way, I can get to the guide and change the channel and it may or may not freeze on that channel. I can also go to the DVR and it will work. It's so intermittent right now that I can't really troubleshoot it yet. If I change the channel and go right back to the one that was frozen, it's fine...

Anybody have any thoughts other than "Hmmmm"? That's my thought right now :)

If you are storing programming on the hard drive it is time to add an external HD and move them. You may be replacing the 622 in the next few months.

That's what I was afraid of. I do have an external hooked up, may have to look into upgrading after the holiday rush goes away... I don't suspect that's going to be cheep to upgrade, does Dish still have "replacement" 622's, I wonder?

That's what I was afraid of. I do have an external hooked up, may have to look into upgrading after the holiday rush goes away... I don't suspect that's going to be cheep to upgrade, does Dish still have "replacement" 622's, I wonder?
Yes DISH will replace with a comparable remanufactured receiver 622/722/722K are comparable receivers. If they have a reman 622 that is what you would get but if you were lucky you could get a 722K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)