622 VIP - Recording Help Needed

khiyal

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
So I got a 622 VIP receiver. I had the installer set it up so that I would eventually be running 2 TVs. For now, I have only one TV Physically installed. The other end of the cable is vacant until I get a smaller TV for the bedroom.

Questions

1. I was told by "several" CSRs that if I need to record on TV2, I need to have a TV physically connected to the cable before the receiver will record. However, I feel that recording is done by the receiver, and not by the TV, hence no need for a TV to be physically precent at TV2 cable end. To prove this, I select the record button, and I get an option to record on either TV1 or TV2. Why am I being told differently by the CSRs?

2. I have set the preference for TV2 to be defaulted for recording as the first preference. However, on the "create timer" screen, no matter what I do, I always get TV1 both on the top right corner, and in the middle of the screen. I have tried to switch to single mode from dual mode with no difference. I even tried to set the preference to TV1, hoping that someone got TV!/TV2 dyslexic, to no avail. Is this a bug, or am I missing something here?

Thanks.

1. Because they're clueless.

2. What difference does it make, which tuner is used? Tuners are independent of TV outputs.

2. What difference does it make, which tuner is used? Tuners are independent of TV outputs.

I want the recordings to be on TV2 so I am free to switch to any other channel. If TV1 is doing the recording, I get a message to the effect that switching to a different channel will stop the recording.

While in single mode it will put all recordings on TV1.

When that message appears hit the swap button to switch to the other sat tuner. If both are recording then you can switch to OTA to watch something else.

I just started 3 recordings - two sat and one OTA. All of them showed TV1.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)