622 Wish List

KyDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 3, 2003
Kentucky
(If another thread already exists like this than please let me know - I couldn't find one.)

I've had mine since Saturday. Never used a DVR before and I am like a kid in a candy store. Love it.

Here a a few things I think could make the 622 even better. Feel free to add any others.

1. Add a SORT option which basically groups all shows with the SAME NAME. The DVR list would then only have to show one instance of a show that might have 10+ entries. Selecting that show would then display all episodes to choose from. Especially useful for kids shows.

2. Add ability to utilize the EPISODE # with timers. Being new to DVR this was really neat to see for every show. Also the ORIGINAL AIR DATE - how cool! But it would be nice for a TIMER to be able to not just have NEW or ALL but to be able to say ALL WITH EPISODE # GREATER THAN ### or be able to specify EPISODE # RANGE. Especially for network TV reruns on USA, TNT, etc. Some shows have been on FOREVER and maybe I only want to see the first season of a particular show.

3. FOLDERS! I'm sure this has been mentioned before as I know that TIVOs have this feature. Maybe the lawsuit is keeping them from this feature. But I would love to be able to have a section for MOM, DAD, and KIDS.

4. I try to avoid recording on TV1 whenever possible. But sometimes I setup timers on the OTA ATSC tuner. Which is great as someone can still watch whatever they want on TV1 off the satellite. However, in the daily schedule the icon indicates TV1 - and looks exactly like what a recording off the satellite TV1 does. It would be nice for the TV1 icon to somehow look different on the DAILY SCHEDULE.

Thats all for now. :)

At times, I would like to change a single instance of a regularly scheduled recording from TV2 to TV1. Cannot see how to do this if it's possible at all.

Last edited:
Here's some more ideas:
Individual timers for multiple users.

Then.. personalized recommendations.

And... Once again, get rid of that stupid 288 timer limit (or quit counting things that are not going to record).

I just wish setting up recordings would default to "Once". In my case I will setup "New" episode recordings once in a while, "All" very, very rarely, but I am always recording "one offs".

I would add a few more colored buttons on the remote that will sort the recorded events by date, name, etc. Right now it takes too many button clicks to reach the sort menu and to select the sort method you want.

Single DVR button push to "My recordings" like the other DVRs. The second button push to other options, not the other way around.

(not DVR related, but I want it)
Anamorphic option for TV 2 just like what is already available on TV 1 output!

See ya
Tony

Give us a clear screen when you press pause. A lot of times I want to pause something to read a subtitle or small print but the timer bar is over it. I know I just have to press frame advance to get rid of it but I still find it very annoying.

And yes give us a tuner 3 OTA display so that OTA recordings are marked differently than tuner 1.

Single DVR button push to "My recordings" like the other DVRs. The second button push to other options, not the other way around.

Actually non of the recievers have that feature anymore, it used to be that the 522 did and the 625&622 didn't. Now with a recent software upgrade, all the models need 2 pushes (not sure on 942's haven't seen 1 in a while).

Thanks for the answer. But as of today the 501 and 721 still only require 1 button push. And just so I feel better I have to add: "because everyone else is doing it" has never been an acceptable answer to anything for me. :)

See ya
Tony

I would like to be able to jump forward in the program guide to a specific day and time by entering that info, rather than either manually scrolling forward, or jumping to the end with '999,' and then backing up.

Second, when I had TiVo, one could go to a page with programs listed by category, for all the channels one received. This is so much easier than entering DISH PASS and hoping you got the title exactly right. The TiVo system also is great for letting one know what some of the programs are, out there. But I suppose this might be infringing just a bit too much on the patent. Wouldn't want to do that, eh Charlie?

I would like to be able to jump forward in the program guide to a specific day and time by entering that info, rather than either manually scrolling forward, or jumping to the end with '999,' and then backing up.

The skip forward and back buttons will move you 24hrs at a time. That seems to be all I need.

The skip forward and back buttons will move you 24hrs at a time. That seems to be all I need.

There is also the "hours" meathod. On all Dish receivers when you are in the guide, you can tell the guide to go forward or back however many hours by pressing the desired number of hours on the number key and then pressing the right arrow for forward and the left arrow for back.

Want to go 34 hours in the future on the guide? Press 34> Tada! Then decide you want to go 10 hours back? Press 10< Tada!

See ya
Tony

(1) If I pause a show, keep that tuner paused when I switch over (Swap) to the other tuner. Tivo does this. Its perfect for channel surfing and knowing if you're watching another game/movie your original will be paused where you left it when you return. We can only do this if we're recording both shows which is a pain in the a**.

(2) I second the request for recordings...to default to ONCE. Or at least give us a "set defaults" option. No reason this should be set to ALL. Makes no sense.

(3) Option to get rid of the On Demand movies. Takes up drive space I know we don't have access to anyway, but why should I have an extra button push for something I'll never use. Let us ignore this "feature."

(4) More custom search (season pass) options. For instance, if the same informercial keeps getting recorded every week because it happens to have the same words as a valid search, I should be able to include "ignore" options. (i.e. "record all shows with XXXXX but skip any show called "YYYYYY".)

(5) More custom search options....add "new" to the search. For instance, I was recording every Villanova college basketball game. I'd get 2-3 recordings of every game! The HD one, the SD one, and a later broadcast of the same game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)