622's UHF Remote Distancevs the 522' UHF Remote Distance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
Ok so had a 522 for a few years. Used it in single mode and usually just used the UHF remote 2. worked fine. NOw have a 622, doing the same thing, just single mode and using the UHF remote #2. The range of the new remote seems a lot less than the 522' UHF remote was. I set the addresses to test both and the 522 worked better than the 622's did. Set them back to different addresses and the 622's remote still doesn't work very far. Does anyone know if they changed something? Or anything I could do to make it work better. the 622 is brand new, i used the batteries that came with it, then i opened a brand new pack just to make sure it wasn't something silly like that. Thanks :)

I found that I get greater distance with my 622 UHF remote if I use band B. Better than that, and this works great (posted months ago) if you use TV2 via coax cable, you can utilize two splitters; one splitter at the 622 and one splitter at the TV2. At the 622; one cable from the TV2 output and one cable from the remote control antenna input to the splitter, then at the TV2 from the splitter; one cable to the TV2 and the other to the remote antenna.

If you open the battery door in the 6.3 IR/UHF remote, there's a small switch visible in there that you can select to either band (different set of frequencies). You'll need a small object to toggle it, then if you change it you'll also need to reprogram the 622. Pg 74 in the User's Guide has the details...

boy921 said:
I found that I get greater distance with my 622 UHF remote if I use band B. Better than that, and this works great (posted months ago) if you use TV2 via coax cable, you can utilize two splitters; one splitter at the 622 and one splitter at the TV2. At the 622; one cable from the TV2 output and one cable from the remote control antenna input to the splitter, then at the TV2 from the splitter; one cable to the TV2 and the other to the remote antenna.

Awesome suggestions. Now only if they make a thing called a triplexor. The thing is that with DP Plus setups, I use the one coax line coming into the room to carry both the satellite signal into a DP Separator and the TV2 modulated video signal.

It'd be nice to also tack on the remote antenna signal to those 2 signals into that coax. I'd then put in a diplexor in the TV2 room and get the antenna coax and RF remote antenna in that room and the TV2 modulated video on another coax. Of course, when you extend the remote antenna signal via coax, you may also expose your receiver to your neighbors that may also have the same remote address as you and change your channels unknowingly.

You don't need a triplexor. A diplexor and a splitter will do the job (split the coax to the UHF pro and TV signal at both ends)

boy921 said:
I found that I get greater distance with my 622 UHF remote if I use band B. QUOTE]

Switch it over to band B today and noticed a hugeeeeee difference. Didn't even notice that little switch when I was putting the batteries in. Thanks for the heads up and an excellent suggestion. Must have been getting interference from something cause when it was on A I couldnt go more than say 15 - 20 feet away without it not responding. Band B works much better. Thanks again!!!!! :up

Stargazer said:
I wonder why they dont just make the remote work in band B by default but put a switch in there instead?
So when Dish sells (or leases) everyone in America a ViP 622 (or two) you can make sure you're not interferring with your neighbors and vice-versa.;)

I think I'll check on mine. I've been having episodes where my 942 stops responding to remote 2.

Foxbat said:
I think I'll check on mine. I've been having episodes where my 942 stops responding to remote 2.
Well, since changing to the "B" band, my 942 has responded to every button press on the TV2 remote.:up

Good Tip!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)