625 & 722 DVR Recording one, watching one

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Illinifan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Beavercreek, OH
This is probably a stupid new guy question, but on both my 625 and 722, I cannot figure out how to record one program and watch another at the same time under these conditions.

The wife is scrolling through the guide and finds something she wants to record, so she hits the Record button. So far so good, but when she continues through the guide and finds something she wants to watch now, while the first program is recording, and hit SELECT, an info box pops up and tells her she'll have to quit recording the first show to change channels. What's she doing wrong?

Please tell me this is possible. :eek: It was with our crappy DVR from TW. :rolleyes:

This is probably a stupid new guy question, but on both my 625 and 722, I cannot figure out how to record one program and watch another at the same time under these conditions.

The wife is scrolling through the guide and finds something she wants to record, so she hits the Record button. So far so good, but when she continues through the guide and finds something she wants to watch now, while the first program is recording, and hit SELECT, an info box pops up and tells her she'll have to quit recording the first show to change channels. What's she doing wrong?

Please tell me this is possible. :eek: It was with our crappy DVR from TW. :rolleyes:
Yes, this is possible. On my 625 ( in dual mode), when I push record there is a pop up that offers a choice between recording on TV1 or TV2. If you are watching TV1 select TV2. If your watching TV2 select TV1. The default is to record on whatever TV you are watching. If you don't change the selection then you will experience the pop up that says you have to quit recording to switch channels.

Sounds like you are running in dual mode vs single mode on the 722. are you using 2 tv's at the same time to watch different channels on each receiver ? if not then set them to Single mode. check the front of the receiver it has a little light, and a button called mode ( inside the front cover of the receiver)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts