625 adding to current 301 and 501 system

jstroup

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
i have a current customer with a 301 and a 501 who wants to add a 625. he has a quad LNB, so he has enough ports, the hangup is that the 625's prospective location is bottom floor interior wall of a two story with VERY limited capacity to add the second line without major sheetrock work. his question, and mine after i thought about it, is there a way to do this without having to install a second dish with a proplus LNB to feed that new 625 without adding wires?

thanks
jgs

What type of quad LNB does he have? If it's a DP Quad, there is a possibility for him. An expensive one. You would have to use a DPP44 switch and separator/diplexers. That would keep everything as a single-wire "solution". Otherwise, your customer is out of luck and will have to deal with his sheetrock work.

so a DP Quad, which he may have, i'll ask him today, will feed a DPP44 where the signal gets stacked just like it came out of a DPPtwin LNB ?? i like that thought, and certainly never was aware of it . .

he's got money, just has a wife that thinks his TV needs are excessive, so the less he disturbs her with its install the more harmonious his day is . . lol

jgs

and thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)