625 and 622 setup?

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
Right now i have a 625 and a 622. the 622 is in the family room. and feeds tv2 to the master bedroom. and the 625 is in the other bedroom. Now is it possible to feed tv 2 from the 625 to the tv in the master bed room. as well in turn giving me access to both dvr's in the master bed room?

Is this possible?

Right now i have a 625 and a 622. the 622 is in the family room. and feeds tv2 to the master bedroom. and the 625 is in the other bedroom. Now is it possible to feed tv 2 from the 625 to the tv in the master bed room. as well in turn giving me access to both dvr's in the master bed room?

Is this possible?

Yes. Works very well in fact. From your post, I am unclear whether you are currently using TV2 off your 625. If not, then you will run the TV2 Out to the Master Bedroom. If you are currently using TV2 out from the 625, then you will need to use a splitter from the 625 to split the signal from the current 625 TV2 and the new line. Then when you get into the Master Bedroom, you will combine the 2 signals (the TV2 from the 622 and TV2 from the 625) by using a splitter in reverse to combine the signal into one and feeding it in to your TV in the Master Bedroom.

Once you have the signal feeding to the TV's you will want to make sure that the Modulator Setup for all the tuners are set to different channels. A couple things to keep in mind are that the channels need to be at least 2 channels apart (for example using channel 3 and 5) and that they should be at least the same distance from your local OTA Channels (If you have Channel 5 OTA, you will want to use Channel 7 instead of Channel 5).

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to ask more questions. I currently have a 722 and a 625 feeding all 4 tuners to 5 different TVs. We only have one remote for each TV, so we consider each TV to be the primary for that Tuner, but can "see" what is on any tuner from any TV in the house.

Geoff

Now that i got that problem fixed is it possible to change the remote controls some how so each tv 2 dont change the tv 2 in the other room on the other box????

Now that i got that problem fixed is it possible to change the remote controls some how so each tv 2 dont change the tv 2 in the other room on the other box????
Yup. You just need to change the code for one of the boxes.

I don't remember how to change the code the 622 uses, but to change the remote (once you have changed the box), you will hold the Sat Input Button (at the top of the remote) until all 4 Input lights light up. Then type in the channel you changed the 622 to (for instance, my 625 is set for Channel 2. To change the remote to channel 6, I would type in 6 after pushing the Sat Button). Then push the # key.

Hopefully someone will chime in with how to change the Remote Channel in the 622 Menus.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts