625 Black and White Problem

yurchat

Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
We had our 625 installed 2 weeks ago and any dvr event we watch on TV 2 is in black and white. Dish sent a tech out because they said it was a wire problem. The tech said he had never seen this before and to call dish to have them ups us a new box. Dish said that they couldn’t send us a new box because this is a known issue. When I asked if a software fix would be out soon she said there is no time frame to correct this issue. Their only suggestion was to downgrade to a Standard receiver with no DVR. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I can’t believe Dish networks official answer is to have me downgrade rather than send me a new box. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

Erik

Your TV2 may be slightly out of tune for the channel you have the 625 modulator set for. The picture, color, and audio are each on a different part of the "channel" The color signal is at the top part of a channel's spectrum, so your set may be tuned a wee bit below the actual channel, or your 625 is putting out a channel that is slightly higher in freq than it's supposed to be.

Does your TV2 have a fine tune feature or the ability to auto-tune a channel? If so, try it. Another thing to try is to change the channel the 625 is modulating to, perhaps your TV2 would "like" that channel better.

Also, make sure that your 625's modulator and your TV2 are set to the same signal type too. If your TV's set to receive cable channels, then your 625's modulator needs to be set to the same, if your TV2's set to antenna, then make sure your 625 is too.

Yeah I've seen this before, it's only black and white on DVR events, not just regular tv watching. So it's not a problem with modulation or anything, and resets both hard and soft do nothing to solve the problem. I don't know what's up, but when I saw that problem I just swapped the box. I'll let the retailer I was working for fight it out with Dish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)