625 dish n up

joeh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Louisville, KY Aera
I am going to be calling a CSR tomorrow to do a Dish n' up. It will be replacing 1 of my 3 301's for a 625 ( I have a 4th cable from the dish not being used that I will hook up to tuner 2). I would assume that I need to ask them to send me a box to return the 301? Will I be able to have them just send me the 625 and do a self install of it? What should my upgrade cost be, and what additional monthly charges will I have on my bill? Is there any type of rebate that I will need to mail in? Will i have to commit to programming for a set amount of time?

Thanks!

Self install I highly doubt it unless you purchase it. $50 maybe for fee. They'll send you a box. Plug it into a phone line and no extra fee otherwise $5 more /mnth. 18 months.

I am going to be calling a CSR tomorrow to do a Dish n' up. It will be replacing 1 of my 3 301's for a 625 ( I have a 4th cable from the dish not being used that I will hook up to tuner 2). I would assume that I need to ask them to send me a box to return the 301? Will I be able to have them just send me the 625 and do a self install of it? What should my upgrade cost be, and what additional monthly charges will I have on my bill? Is there any type of rebate that I will need to mail in? Will i have to commit to programming for a set amount of time?

Thanks!
It should come with professional installation no extra charge. Your upgrade charges will depend on wether you are an "A" "B" or "C" customer they have different rates depending on how DISH ranks your history. Dual tuners I was told are $69 for "A" customers The DVR has a $5.98 per month fee and if not plugged into a phone line the second tuner has a $5/Mo. fee. You will need to commit to an 18 Mo. contract.

Disregard Garys comment if you have 3-301 receivers you can't have a DPP Twin it would only run 2 receivers.

I called and I couldn't believe it, I actually got a CSR that I could understand ( a miracle in itself!). I am doing a Dish n' up to a 625. Had to commit to keep programing for 18 months. $5.98 DVR Service fee per month, and $5.00 fee if not hooked up to phone line. I asked if I could do a self install and they said that the system showed that something had to be upgraded on the equipment??? So they are sending out an installer on Saturday between 12-5. Once it is installed they said I should get a box via UPS and to return my old receiver within 15 days of the 625 being activated. The 626 is $119 upfront and if I send in a download-able form from the internet I will get a $100 credit on my bill within 8 to 10 weeks. I don't have a clue what will have to be upgraded on my equipment I have 2 lines going to the location I want the DVR installed, when I do a sys info it says direct connection to a DP-Quad

Just wanted to give an update so if someone else has the same question. I got the DVR for $119, I will get a $100 credit on my dish bill in 8 to 10 weeks of them receiving the "MAIL IN" rebate. I am supposed to get a box in 2 weeks to send back the receiver I replaced. The installer installed a 34 switch along with the 625 DVR.

you should ask the tech to get you a wireless phone jack system.. if he has one on his truck and if hes a dish network tech not subbie,, dish will provide one free if its on his truck.. dont let him try to sell it to you

Just wanted to give an update so if someone else has the same question. I got the DVR for $119, I will get a $100 credit on my dish bill in 8 to 10 weeks of them receiving the "MAIL IN" rebate. I am supposed to get a box in 2 weeks to send back the receiver I replaced. The installer installed a 34 switch along with the 625 DVR.

Don't know why he installed a 34 switch (he would have also had to change the lnb as well). The Quad lnb you had before would have worked fine.

The installer cut all 4 of my incoming lines and then mounted the 34 switch on my wall outside, he then connected 3 of the lines coming from my dish to the dish input on the switch, and then connected the other 4 lines to the outputs that go to all my receivers. Did not lay a finger on the dish itself.