625 - dvr freezes on fade to black that are more than momentary

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Has anyone else experienced this recently?

I noticed it about a week ago when trying to spool recorded programs to my PC with a tv tuner card.

I'd start the DVR recording, I'd start my PC recording, and walk away. About an hour later I'd go check on things and found my 625 DVR choked on a black screen. You can hit the ffwd button (or skip ahead button) to get the playback to resume normally, albeit a few seconds ahead of where the playback got stuck.

Hitting the backwards button and watching things, it appears anytime you have a program that fades to black more than just momentarily (such as after the "coming up" parts of a program and then fade to black for ads; or the fade to black between network programming and the local spots), more likely than not the DVR would hang if the fade to black was for a few seconds rather than just a second or less fade to black during those transitions.

I haven't been keeping up with DVR firmware versions lately, so I don't know if this coincides with a firmware upgrade or what might be going on.

the problem is more prevalent with newly recorded things than with things on my DVR from months ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts