625 DVR keeps failing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Shadyrest59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
This is pissing me off!

I have had 2 625 in the 5 days I have had this thing. It has failed everytime I have tried to record something. I have lost my shows I HAVE recorded. And it keeps giving me errors and not being able to access the DVR function.

Keeps telling me the data is not available.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why am i paying for this thing if I am never going to be able to use it?

I got this "NEW" box yesterday as a replacement for my other box that failed Monday and Wednesday. This is ridiculous. I missed my shows I tried to record because I had company and now they are gone and it even tried to record something that I didn't even schedule.

This is not what I paid for. Am I going to have to keep sending these boxes back? And plus i can't contact Dish, keeps hanging up.

I am beginning to really dislike this DVR. It has not worked correctly since I have gotten it.

Would it be a record to get 3 boxes in one week?

I am strongly considering canceling DVR and hooking back up my regular box.

I cannot understand why both boxes have failed on me. I don't abuse my equipment and I haven't had this long enough to get any wear and tear through normal use on it.

I am going to buy a Tivo and say screw Dish DVR.

I had the same issues with 501/508 receivers that kept failing due to tuner issues and one due to hard drive issue. I had a 721 die due to tuner issue as well but the replacement has been going strong for years now.

I am sure your replacement is REMANUFACTURED and they will keep sending you remanufactured until you demand a new one but they probably wont send you a new one until you get at least three bad ones (remanufactured ones) then when you get a new one you will probably have a chance at having a good one that wont keep failing. I do not have these issues with the 522. You just have to get a good one.

Almost all of my equipment, including my 625, is refurbished. They do such a good job (most of the time) that you can't tell the difference. Seems like your 2nd 625 is also bad. :( I would have it replaced as well.

When I ended up being on my third bad 501 I called Dish Network in such frustration and they finally transferred me to Mrs. Cartright (she used to be seen on some of the Charlie Chats, at least the retailer ones while she worked there) and she arranged to have a new one sent to me then when she transferred me to someone else the lady smart mouthed me and told me it was policy to send out a new unit after a third refurb failure. I bet that was a lie, anyone hear of that one?

On the back of the receiver where it states the model number and the R00 number it will also state if it is remanufactured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)