625 DVR recording question

BTD Greg

Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Question from a 625 DVR noob:

I just upgraded from a 510 (I think it was) single-tuner DishPVR to the dual-tuner DishDVR 625. I'm using it on a single TV, but want to be able to record two programs at once (as advertised). The schedule for tonight says that I recorded two shows, but only one shows up on my "My Recordings" menu. When I go to the schedule, it lists the first program (which I can't access) as "Done" with the No. 2 tuner symbol next to it. Why can't I access this recording? Is there a way to do it? Am I doing something wrong? Or did it just not record?

My apologies if I'm doing something really stupid here, but I'd appreciate any help I can get on this frustrating problem.

I can understand this is frustrating, since that should never happen. If the timer shows done, then you should be able to see it in your DVR recorded events.

Hmm, have you tried a reboot?

Jolard said:
I can understand this is frustrating, since that should never happen. If the timer shows done, then you should be able to see it in your DVR recorded events.

Hmm, have you tried a reboot?

I'll give that a try. The system has only been up for a few days.

So I shouldn't have to switch tuners or something to see the recorded program in the DVR menu, right?

dbl click the dvr button on the remote you should see a list of your recorded events click on the one you want to watch and no you don't have to switch tuners

Frank Jr. said:
dbl click the dvr button on the remote you should see a list of your recorded events click on the one you want to watch and no you don't have to switch tuners

Yep, tried that. The problem is, the show doesn't show up as a "recorded event," even though on the schedule for yesterday, it says "done."

Hmm...I don't know what happened. I think I'll just delete that particular timer and try again. I recorded two shows at the same time this morning as an experiment, and they both showed up as recorded events, so I'm not sure what the problem was.

I feel bad that I missed last night's episode of House, though. I'll feel even worse if it doesn't manage to record both House and Veronica Mars when both shows get going in a couple of weeks.

It could have been a one-time glitch due to the most recent software download. Everyone, including me, is reporting that the last download wiped out the Search History.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)