625 DVR Software L381

gts1983

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Any ideas on what all this new software update covered?

I noticed a couple of things

1. Dvr Date is closer to the top on dvr sort list
2. Swap function is now available in dvr sort
3. Info for dvr programs shows when show orignally aired
4. Dvr screen shows how many on-demand events available
5.anything else?

Last edited:
New choice in first DVR menu (which is called Dish On Demand - not sure if that title is new) TV Entertainment. It's greyed out.

Also, once I received the update, my search history was cleared. And the first time I entered that screen, my box froze up. Which often happens soon after I've received an update.

Are there any release notes for the L381? I would think that some of the features that were added to the 622 (L3.63) apply to the 625. It's going out Full Phase today.

gyppo said:
New choice in first DVR menu (which is called Dish On Demand - not sure if that title is new) TV Entertainment. It's greyed out.

Also, once I received the update, my search history was cleared. And the first time I entered that screen, my box froze up. Which often happens soon after I've received an update.

yea same here went to search and the box crapped the bed seems to be ok now

Maybe it was only rolled out to a certain batch of receivers and that all of the receivers have not been upgraded yet.

I went into the first dvr menu and hit 3 on my remote and it let me go into the Tv entertainment screen (Which is greyed out). There was nothing there but i went into the help section.

"In the TV Entertainment list, the items listed in GREEN are recorded events free to be watched.

To view a recorded event, highlight the desired event from the TV Entertainment list and press SELECT."

So i wonder what other crap they are going to download to our box that we dont want?

I Received this e-mail from DISH today

Special Offer:
Order recap shows for 3 of ABC's hottest series for FREE Sept. 21 - Oct. 4 on DISH On Demand!

(there were pictures here ) it was like Lost, Greys anatomy,and desperate housewives

Order each of these special programs for FREE starting Sept.21!*

How to Order:
1. Press the DVR button on your remote.
2. Select TV Entertainment from the menu screen.
3. Select your program from the menu.
4. Select Start to begin viewing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Offer:
Preview the premiere episode of the new NBC series FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS for FREE Sept. 23 - Oct. 2 on DISH On Demand!

Expanding on the hit feature film Friday Night Lights, this poignant series centers on the small rural town of Dillon, Texas, where the coveted state football championship rings are held in the highest regard. Dillon’s promising high school team, its star quarterback, and newly appointed head coach, Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler, King Kong, Grey’s Anatomy), feel the mounting pressure of the town’s pride and honor riding on their shoulders as a new football season kicks off. Tuesdays 8/7c on NBC.

Friday Night Lights
Every day counts. One night matters.

Order the premiere episode for free Sept. 23 - Oct. 2 on DISH On Demand!*

How to Order:
1. Press the DVR button on your remote.
2. Select TV Entertainment from the menu screen.
3. Select Friday Night Lights from the menu.
4. Select Start to begin viewing.

Stargazer said:
Maybe it was only rolled out to a certain batch of receivers and that all of the receivers have not been upgraded yet.

It went Full Phase on Wednesday so something else is going on with his receiver. Scott posted some procedure to force the receivers to download, do a search and see if you can find it.

latest 625 software version N417. you can do the download/reboot, any activation tech will do it for you. all you do is unplug...wait 20min+ - and plug in and do a switch check. so if you can only get the 119 and you know you're right...check the software version. there's 522's out there that are power cycling after the guide download. ditch it. can't fix it. good luck out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)