625 L413 Update Message

HDinTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
I received the L413 update on my 625 last night and I have the following message in the 'System Info' Status Box 'a':

Check 'Details' for LNB!

LNB Drift Detected...
0x0e,0xa2, 61.5(e -27.88)(o 0.00)

I have a Dish 500 DPP twin pointed at 110 and 119 and I also have a Dish Pro Dual wing dish pointed at 61.5. I have had no issues or messages before this latest update. Any idea as to what this message means? Thanks.

Do a reset then do a switch test and enjoy watching after everything passes. My 625 required a reset after L413 and gave me flaky switch information today. It is just DISH's lousy software as usual.

Yeah you should be back up after a reset.

I received the L413 update on my 625 last night and I have the following message in the 'System Info' Status Box 'a':

Check 'Details' for LNB!

LNB Drift Detected...

I have a Dish 500 DPP twin pointed at 110 and 119 and I also have a Dish Pro Dual wing dish pointed at 61.5. I have had no issues or messages before this latest update. Any idea as to what this message means? Thanks.

Star Choice equipment made by Motorola have had this hidden information screen for years. It's nice to see Dish Network make it available to techies.
Like P.Smith says, if your oscillator frequency is truly drifting this much with the 61.5 LNBF then it will shortly need replacing. Temperature extremes will make it more noticable. If you start having problems with channels from the 61.5 satellite , then it's time to change the LNBF.

I might note that the Star Choice hidden screen allows for daily monitoring of drift whether or not it is happening.

Alas, no luck

Well, I tried the reset and the check switch and that didn't change anything. Anyway, I also have a 622 tied to the same dish setup and I am not getting any messages on that system. I think it's a bug in the L413 software, but who knows.

As long as everything is working fine I wouldn't worry about it. If you start having issues then time to call dish.

Well, I tried the reset and the check switch and that didn't change anything. Anyway, I also have a 622 tied to the same dish setup and I am not getting any messages on that system. I think it's a bug in the L413 software, but who knows.

I don't think this is any bug in the software.
This is a feature that can easily be monitored and kept accurate.
I wouldn't expect your #622 receiver to detect this just yet as its last software update was last September.

Check 'Details' for LNB!

LNB Drift Detected...

I have the same problem with my 625 DVR....
Here's a picture of the TV screen with the LNB Drift Detected details....

I have a Dish 500 plus...

Attachments

• Details for LNB.JPG
    Details for LNB.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 237
  • LNB Drift.JPG
    LNB Drift.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 248
I don't think this is any bug in the software.
This is a feature that can easily be monitored and kept accurate.
I wouldn't expect your #622 receiver to detect this just yet as its last software update was last September.

Well, I have the same thing since this update. So, are you saying all of our 61.5 lnbs have gone bad? Don't think so.

Here's the scoop on the LNB Drift detection -

As RandallA said it's part of the diagnostic software finally being utilized.

If your drift detection is within +/- 5MHz that is fine. If it's outside of those numbers it's time to replace your LNB.

If you show +/- 12MHz do not replace the LNB, it's a bug in the software.

To my understanding this is to detect a future failing feedhorn.

Not all IRD recieved this update. I know the 625, possibly 322. This is just the beginning of the diagnostic software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)