625 Question...Cancelling a recording

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Sorry for such newb questions...but this is my first day with my new toy (625).

I have it set up in dual mode. While I was watching a show, i chose to record it on TV2 (I was watching TV1) at the time. Then I tried to cancel it, but it wouldn't let me. How do I cancel the recording on TV2 while watching TV1?

RedWings said:
Sorry for such newb questions...but this is my first day with my new toy (625).

I have it set up in dual mode. While I was watching a show, i chose to record it on TV2 (I was watching TV1) at the time. Then I tried to cancel it, but it wouldn't let me. How do I cancel the recording on TV2 while watching TV1?
Try using TV2 remote seeing that is where you told it to record.:)

Press the DVR button twice to access the "My Recordings" screen then select the show that is currently recording and select stop. It should allow you to shop the recording whether it is recording on TV1 or TV2. This is how you can do it with the TV1 remote. To do it from the TV2 remote you need to be in the TV2 room that it is connected to and do it from the TV2 remote in there by pressing stop.

Stargazer said:
Press the DVR button twice to access the "My Recordings" screen then select the show that is currently recording and select stop. It should allow you to shop the recording whether it is recording on TV1 or TV2. This is how you can do it with the TV1 remote. To do it from the TV2 remote you need to be in the TV2 room that it is connected to and do it from the TV2 remote in there by pressing stop.

When i do what you suggest above, it does not give me a "stop" option. When I'm on the list of recordings on the right the options are Sort, Edit, Schedule, Done, Help, and History.

If I select the program recording on TV2, the options it gives me are Start, Delete, Protect, Edit Name, and Done. If I choose Delete, it gives me the message: "The event is currently in use and cannot be deleted at this time. Please try again later".

:(

I'm trying to avoid having to go down to TV2 and turn it off that way.

I've found the same thing. Sometimes from TV1 you can go to the recording and you even have an option that says "Stop Rec" but it does nothing. The only way that I've found to stop the recording is to go to TV2 to cancel the recording - the easiest way is to just change the channel. You'll be prompted "Are you sure" then just say Yes.

gyppo said:
I've found the same thing. Sometimes from TV1 you can go to the recording and you even have an option that says "Stop Rec" but it does nothing. The only way that I've found to stop the recording is to go to TV2 to cancel the recording - the easiest way is to just change the channel. You'll be prompted "Are you sure" then just say Yes.

I noticed the "stop rec" option too one time...and just like you, it didn't do a thing. Since my TV in the basement isn't here yet, I just switched over to single mode for now.

Thanks for all the replies.

I had noticed the same problem with 625 and 622.
It seems there is some kind of internal timer. It let me stop and delete the recording after about 30 or 40 minutes.

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)