625 Receiver, TV2 Audio to Stereo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DogFace

Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Hi all,

I have Dish Network and use the dual-tuner 625 receiver. The receiver box is in my living room, hooked up with digital outs and all to my home theater system.

The issue I'm having is with the TV2 in the bedroom. I'd like to get the audio to input into my stereo receiver. In the room, I have a wall outlet, and a coaxial cable goes directly to my TV (no receiver box in bedroom) for the TV2 signal.

I'm wondering how I can get the audio for TV2 in the bedroom into my Sony receiver (an old one, but it does A/V - with limited audio/video inputs). My TV is some old 27" Sharp - and has a Coaxial input and a couple of RCA (red/white/yellow) inputs. No Component or HDMI.

I was thinking of a RF Demodulator - but, jeez - I could could buy a new HD LCD for as much as they cost.

I'd appreciate your thoughts,
DogFace

Use a VCR to tune the channel that the TV2 output is set to, run the analog audio to the receiver, and video to the TV.

The TV2 output on the 625 is stereo, so the VCR can tune it and output it via RCA connections to the receiver.

An interesting side note is that TV2 on the 322's is only mono.

Does one of your rca inputs say out by chance??? Mine does and I've hooked up many TVs that have this nice feature. Run your composite cables from the out to your stereo.

Yeah your TV should have atleast one set of RCA jacks for audio out, just use the composit audio cables from the audio out on your TV to the Audio in on your Sony reciever...just like Ftoutloff said

If you dont have the audio out, just use the VCR

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)