625 TV1 UHF Pro will not work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RandyGT001

Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Hello, newbie here

I bought an additional UHF Pro remote and was trying to enable it on my 625 (MENU-6-1-6) to operate with the IR remote on the TV1 side.

Sys Info says IR for TV1 only and UHF remote does not have any effect. The manual shows a graphic from the Sys Info screen with the following:

Primary Remote Address 3 TV1 UHF Pro and IR

Rebooted, Unplugged and even called tech support & went through several steps, still not working.

Please help.

Hopefully Dish tech support had you go through this... and you probably already know part of this, but i'll TRY to walk you through it.
Go to menu 6-1-6... Click enable... Go into system info screen.
Use arrow buttons to move up to highlight, TV 1 "remote address" block.
On remote, press and hold "sat button" until all the buttons at the top light up.
Pick a number, then press "#"
Let the "sat" button flash a couple of times.... then press "rec" on the remote...
On the system info screen, the number should change to whatever you picked... and it should have changed to UHF

Also, another thing to check is that on the remote... make sure the "color key" on the bottom of the remote says "UHF" on it... That colored tab can pull out and be either flipped over, or replaced to change the remote from IR to UHF...
And if I remember right, the extra UHF remotes came in IR mode.... I think... did it come with an extra little colored tab? Or if you take the battery door off, look at the bottom of the colored tab to see if it's smooth on the other side... if it is, it should be able to be flipped over....

Just some ideas, hope you get it working...

Jared

Is it also possible to add another UHF Remote to the Vip622 receiver?
I have the box split up now serving 3 TV's and would like a 3d remote.

If possible which one is recommended?

Thanks.

crones said:
Is it also possible to add another UHF Remote to the Vip622 receiver?
I have the box split up now serving 3 TV's and would like a 3d remote.

If possible which one is recommended?

Thanks.
You should just be able to purchase an 3rd UHF remote, and then change it to the same address as your current UHM remote. I haven't done this myself, so someone else should confirm it, but it should work.