625 TV2 in Black and White

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jstegman

Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
I have a Dish Network 625 which has worked perfectly for over 6 months on TV1 and TV2. Recently live TV on TV2 goes in and out of Color and Black and White. The odd thing is if I rewind then its fine and when I am watching a DVR program it is fine. I had Dish send me a new 625 and its doing the exact same thing.

I've already done the following to troubleshoot this problem:
  • Removed splitter
  • Secured all connections
  • Changed channel from Cable 173 to Antenna 25.
The switch checks out fine and reception is good. Everything on TV1 is perfect. Can anyone provide further suggestions to fix this annoying problem? Thanks!

This is a widespread problem on all 522's and 625's so a replacement receiver will not help (as you now already know). The only way to solve the problem is to call Dish and insist that they file an "uncommon trend report." The customer service person will probably say they've never heard of this issue and just offer you another replacement receiver. You tell them everyone on the online forums is complaining about the issue, so another receiver will not solve the problem and that a software fix for all receivers in this class is what's needed. And don't let them try to talk you into having a service call. There's nothing wrong with your installation; it's a software problem that will only be solved with a software update, which will only happen when the "engineers" (LMAO) get enough "uncommon trend reports" that say there's a problem with their software.

This is the first time I have ever heard of it, I must be asleep at the keyboard:).

I was going to buy a new TV for my daughter. I just assumed that it was the TV going bad. The strange thing was that the TV's menu does show in color, and also her PS2 gives perfect color also.

A reset of the 625 usually fixes it for a couple of days.

Interesing, this is actually the first I heard of it as well. However I do not have one of these boxes so I tend to not key in on these threads.

I have a #625 and have not had any problems including the audio or black and white issues mentioned here. With either the L4.13 or L4.14 softwares.
After reading the various complaints, I tend to think the problem may be similiar in nature with a strand of wire at a connector touching somewhere.
Some receivers will handle this minute leakage and others will not.

I can consistently cause the problem on TV2 by stopping playback on TV1. The fix mentioned above of hitting the quick rewind button (on TV2's remote) works and is a lot more convenient than a reset.

This is a fairly recent occurence for me, having had the 625 for over 6 months and I see that the first post in this thread is from Feb 7, 2007. Is it possible that this is the result of some software upgrade from dish network. Do they push software to the dvr's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts