625 TV2 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nick9

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Hey guys I need your wisdom again!

Recently a tech replaced my 625 because of problems. The problems were:1-TV2 would quit getting a picture and go haywire, 2-Wavy lines in the picture on TV1.

After replacing the 625 both problems were fixed, well at least one. The TV2 problem has resurfaced after about a month or slightly more. It was a similar time till the problem appeared with the first 625.

The tech(nice guy when I talked to him on phone, wife says he was very helpful) said that he thought that part of the problem had to do with the TV being a little older. If it works when they put it in should it not still work a month later? Could the TV2 tuner be going out for some reason?

I have 2 TVs on the 625 and a single nonDVR tuner in the basement. The basement TV is a golden-oldie that I had to buy some type of adapter to hook up the tuner. I would consider moving the basement tuner to the bedroom and making the basement TV2 on the 625 if that is possible.

HELP!!

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Can you describe how the signal gets from the receiver to the respective TVs?

Are you sharing cable with CATV or an over-the-air antenna?

Do you have broadband service from your cable company?

I've seen this come down to someone mistakenly changing the channel on the TV2 TV.

I don't have any other cable coming in. Broadband is DSL after dropping cable in favor of DISH.

The signal started dropping slowly and now sometimes won't come in at all for a few minutes and will slowly fade in from complete static and work it's way in. Sometimes it drops out slowly as well.

Tried changing TV channels(set on 60 for TV2 tuner) when it faded out and then changing back. It actually came back at about 75% signal/snow and slowly faded right back out.

Edit: Second receiver is 381.

Have you tried switching the TV2 output channel (and the TV tuner) to a channel far away from 60? I'd suggest trying a much lower channel number if there is truly no other signals on the cable.

Something else I forgot: How is the signal when you tune the second TV to channel 3 (or 4)?

Does your second TV pick up anything on any of the other TV channels?

The tech tried it while he was here on the previous 625. The installers that first came out put it on channel 60. I will change it in just a little while the tuner is still working.

I guess the only other channels would be a couple of the most local channels that pick up very slightly without antenna.

Have you tried switching the TV2 output channel (and the TV tuner) to a channel far away from 60? I'd suggest trying a much lower channel number if there is truly no other signals on the cable.

Something else I forgot: How is the signal when you tune the second TV to channel 3 (or 4)?

Does your second TV pick up anything on any of the other TV channels?

Tried channel 21 and the picture seems to be much better than before and so far no snow.

I didn't try the channel 3 or 4 yet but if I have more problems I will.

I will check it out again tomorrow and repost.

Thanks harshness! I knew I would come to the right place.:up

I didn't try the channel 3 or 4 yet but if I have more problems I will.
These aren't life changes. The TV1 signal is always coming on either channel 3 or 4 and it would seem a rather small matter to change to one of those channels with your second TV tuner.

These aren't life changes. The TV1 signal is always coming on either channel 3 or 4 and it would seem a rather small matter to change to one of those channels with your second TV tuner.

I just tried changing to channel 21 first and it worked so I left it there. Are you saying that I would be better off on channel 3 or4?

TV2 is coming in loud and clear this morning. The picture on that TV looks better than it has since we got DishNetwork. If you say I need to try 3 or 4 as well I will. I was just happy to get such a clear picture.

Re-read the part of my reply that you quoted and noting carefully which TV number I was referencing.

One of the cool features of the DISH dual TV receivers is that you can tune to either TV1 (channel 3 or 4) or TV2 (channel 21). I was suggesting that you verify that you can see both to confirm that everything is working properly. When you finish testing TV1's signal, you should go back to TV2. Note that TV2 can only be output to channels 21-69 and TV1 is limited to 3 or 4.

Sorry if I confused you with too much information after you had already accomplished your goal.

Sorry if I confused you with too much information after you had already accomplished your goal.

The goal was only accomplished with your advice. I am very thankful.

Hopefully there won't be another problem, but if there is I will read more carefully.

Thanks again.:up

Nick

Edit: Just to let you know that TV2 is still coming in loud and clear!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts