625 two rooms

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Coolnate32

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Do you ever get in arguments over who can record what? I am getting One for just my room, but I was just wondering. Also, can I have the installer hook it up for a forth room for free even though I only plan on using 3, just in case, down the road.

We don't worry about who records what, or when, at my house. I only have two rooms and rarely is there somebody in both rooms. You can go to Record Plus to change the tuner thats defaulted to record a program.(In dual mode, whatever tuner is doing the recording has to remain on the channel that's being recorded).

Man, don't expect to get the installer to do anything for free. He's struggling to get his route finished and just to survive as it is. Offer him a bit of cash and he might run the line for ya. I'd run an easy line for 25 or 30, and split it off the backfeed. You wont be able to get a completely seperate room that way, the line would be a mirror of one of the two tuners.

Of a number of families I know who have the 625 2 TV install, only ONE does not get into conflicts regarding this often restricting installation. The other 4 families do get dissappointed with the 2 TV install when someone in the other room is either watching or recording a different channel. They say it feels like they don't really have a dual tuner DVR too often. You are the only one who knows your household's TV watching habits. If you have strong doubts, then I encourage you to consider getting a 2nd box so that your TV 1 can be dedicated full-time to always having a 2nd tuner to record no matter what is going on in the 2nd room. The additional box upgrade cost is nominal at the time arrangements are made for your installation, but if you try to do it at the time of or after installation, it will be very expensive to add an additional box because you will have to pay for all parts and labor.
Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts