625 upgrade to 3.83 = caller ID problems

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Noticed over the weekend that my 625 software is 3.83. With this new version, I now have problems with caller ID. Before the upgrade, caller ID worked on every incoming call, displaying the information on the 2nd ring. Now I don't get the information on any incoming call except cell phones. Any ideas:mad:

My caller ID now comes up faster with the upgrade. BUT, I have been having audio problems, It will get garbled or totally go away. I am connected via TOSlink optical. A reboot of the reciever fixes everything, but I never had to reboot prior to the upgrade.

I am also having failed audio, but my problem is on a 622. I'm connecting via the fiber to a splitter to two different receivers. I've never had problems prior to the upgrade. My problem is that I loose the audio on the fiber, then also loose the audio on the RCA connectors. It requires a reboot to get it back. I also notice that all the status lights on the front go dark too. Very strange. Anybody else having audio problems?

Last edited:
Yes I forgot to mentions I have the 622 and have the exact same problem (including lights on front going dark). Also, I now get a "popping" noise on the other TV's in the house through RF (its not loud but you can tell its there). None of these probs. until the upgrade. Time to start a new thread as I guess we are hijacking this one, sorry bnewt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)