625v.522?

$19.99 more in cost for the 625 and $1 more per pay per view you watch off the 625's hard drive. Both should be buggy typical of DISH receivers.

I just noticed that dish was not doing any more new installations of 522's and I have been on hold for a week and a half for this new "625".. :mad:

Yep, it's now standard in a new DHA install.

Everybody's ordering them, so warehouse stock is running thin. Typical of Dish when they intro new recievers.

Does anyone know if this (625 replacing 522) applies when signing up through SBC?

I was a Dish customer up until about 1 1/2 years ago when I cancelled because of a neighbor's tree (now gone), and because I needed to pay for full cable anyway for internet service (now DSL is available).

I've been considering signing up via SBC since, at least until recently, you apparently couldn't get new customer deals as a former customer. And even now, it would appear that you have to commit to 2 years. There doesn't appear to be a problem with signing up via SBC as a former customer. And I would need a new SuperDish for the local service.

liljoe said:
What is the difference between the 522 and the 625's?
I think the 625 is practically te same as the 522 but with a larger hard drive.
I also believe that the 522 is being phased out to make room for the 625. You may not have a choice soon.

boba said:
$19.99 more in cost for the 625 and $1 more per pay per view you watch off the 625's hard drive. Both should be buggy typical of DISH receivers.
The $19.99 fee is waived with a 24 month committment but it will probably take Dish than long to get the software stable.

I see they're again going with "Available for NEW customers only."

Why does DISH do that??

kevink said:
Does anyone know if this (625 replacing 522) applies when signing up through SBC?

I was a Dish customer up until about 1 1/2 years ago when I cancelled because of a neighbor's tree (now gone), and because I needed to pay for full cable anyway for internet service (now DSL is available).

I've been considering signing up via SBC since, at least until recently, you apparently couldn't get new customer deals as a former customer. And even now, it would appear that you have to commit to 2 years. There doesn't appear to be a problem with signing up via SBC as a former customer. And I would need a new SuperDish for the local service.
Call up SBC. If you get DSL and DISH through SBC, you may qualify for some discounts as part of their "Total Connections" bundle. As far as receivers go, they only offer the 522, the 311 or the 811.

This past weekend, I got the 522 and two 311's with free install and the AEP w/ supers and Distant Fox affiliates. Now I've got everything, except for utilities (gas, water and light), with SBC.

It does have a 250 drive. 125 is available for customers to download movies and 125 reserved by dish for the dish on demand.

drod said:
It does have a 250 drive. 125 is available for customers to download movies and 125 reserved by dish for the dish on demand.
Got a model number of that drive? I want to get one and put in my 522 to see if the software "magically" decides I have a 625, ala the 7100/7200 days.

Actually, I apparently don't qualify for any extra discount, since I don't have a good enough phone plan.

My landline service is as low as I could get it. Not counting the DSL, it is the limited usage plan for $15.70/month counting taxes. No caller ID, no minimum on the long distance, etc. I make my long distance calls on my cell phone.

I did the online chat the other night with Dish. According to them, I can come back as a new customer and only commit to a year. If that works out, I save some money since I only have to pay for 60 channels the first 3 months.

Maybe next month. I have to pay credit cards for my trip earlier this month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)