630 HDD space remaining

garyrox

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Lake Powell, Arizona
on my 630 PVR, with no programs recorded, I show 63% used on the HDD. Is this showing what I have for PVR recording or does include guide and operating system? I can record very few shows and of course it drops many shows to keep recording whats next. I am under the impression that an external drive can not be hooked to the usb port. The manual states I can record 45 hours of HD, no way this 630 will record anywheres near that much. Are some old recordings still left on the drive even though they are deleted from PVR listings?

Thanks in advance

sounds like you have some old programs on the hard drive that haven't been deleted. It sounds like you need to do a pvr flush, but I don't know how to do this.

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Courtesy of THE HANS:

Options-9-7-8-7-3-5-8-7-4
[/FONT]

After you've done it, wait for the 630 to restart. When you go back into the recordings list, you'll (probably) see a bunch of recordings where you'll say "What the? Didn't I delete that two weeks ago?" Anyway...you delete what you see that you don't want. Hopefully you'll see the percentage of your hard drive drop considerably.

Keep in mind that you'll have to set *all* your timers again.

And they'll be a message in both French and English telling you the PVR Flush took place.

Thanks Frenchophile, I found the following:
I'm assuming you have a DSR 630? If so you will have to do a PVR FLUSH. This will bring up a list of shows that you thought you deleted but for some reason they didn't delete. They just stayed hidden all this time. Doing the PVR FLUSH will remove all your recording timers you've set but will preserve your recordings. You will get a warning screen before you perform the the Flush but go ahead and DELETE and then delete all those old hidden shows that are taking up your harddrive space. Then reset your timers and you should be set to go and your hard drive indicator on the PVR List should be back to normal levels.

To perform this PVR FLUSH on MENU,press OPTIONS-9 (even though there is no option 9) and then press 7-8-7-3-5-8-7-4. Read the warning screen and then press DELETE to clean up the drive. Then delete all those old shows.

The PVR FLUSH is NOT the same as a Factory Reset so it won't screw up your channel mapping and wiil not take forever to reload your programming guide.

Good Luck.

Maybe this will help someone else
Gary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts