63w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

quasimodem

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Marlow, New Hampshire
I've been watching PBS on Estrela do sul 63 w.
But lately I've not been receiving any signal quality from this satellite.
I tried moving the dish east and west a bit from the setting for it, but I'm not having any luck.
does anyone know the status of this bird?
thanks
~Q

Here in Pennsylvania, that bird was never anything but trouble for me on a 36" dish. Not only did the signal rarely go above marginal, but it also had a daily power drop.

Here in Pennsylvania, that bird was never anything but trouble for me on a 36" dish. Not only did the signal rarely go above marginal, but it also had a daily power drop.

thanks Jim and all....
I've had signal problems with this sat, too....
I'm in central NH, on the north side of a 1600' in elevation hill...
most of the extreme east or west birds are hard for me to get...
not sure why this one literally dropped out of sight to me, maybe I just have to try tweaking the dish position a bit more...I have a 40" dish, so I should be able to get it back....
thanks again, at leastnow I know it's still there....
~Q

Last edited:
thanks Jim and all....
I've had signal problems with this sat, too....
I'm in central NH, on the north side of a 1600' in elevation hill...
most of the extreme east or west birds are hard for me to get...
not sure why this one literally dropped out of sight to me, maybe I just have to try tweaking the dish position a bit more...I have a 40" dish, so I should be able to get it back....
thanks again, at leastnow I know it's still there....
~Q

Did you check the SR {ie compare to what Stanley posted}? As noted in another thread, the SR of this signal changed a while back. I can't remember when the change occurred, but I still have both old and new SR in my receiver, so it probably wasn't too long ago. Ie it's possible that you have the old parameters programmed.

63 west

11951 v 2068 11956 v 4585 11960 v 4586 11 channels azbox and vantage 1100 all pbs in ontario canada quality 75 to 78 8F dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts